8

TW: severe anxiety attack

Rin running off didn't last very long. Once she had made it to the arcade, she had told Blake that she was in trouble with Merle and Daryl. It was obvious that she were to be grounded.

She's never been grounded, not since fifth grade, that is. And since then, she's only been on minimal trouble from Merle.

Daryl was currently driving Rin back home. No words were spoken the whole drive, Rin had never seen her father this silent before. It scared her so much that he would yell at her any moment. She was scared to even breathe the wrong way.

Rin saw their house, and she didn't want to move once Daryl had parked the truck. He opened the door and got out. He didn't wait for Rin. He just walked into the house.

Rin lets out a sigh and leans back against the seat, "Just calm down... It can't be that bad."

Her anxiety was slowly growing, and her breathing was getting labored. She couldn't do it, she couldn't move. Daryl was probably getting impatient by the second. She was probably going to get into even more trouble.

"FUCK!"

Why did Merle have to fucking snitch on her? Why did he have to fucking find out? He wasn't even supposed to know in the first place! Why? Why. Why. Why!

Why Merle. Why. Why. Why. WHY? WHY? WH -

"Rin! Rin... Just calm down, darlin." A gentle but rough voice said.

She felt a hand on her back, making her harshly flinch and breathing more heavily. The voice was her father. He was there. She looked up slightly and saw that he had a look of concern. He wasn't mad or upset like he was earlier, and that calmed Rin down by a little.

"Baby girl, ya gotta calm down now, just breath baby, just breath." He said, rubbing her back soothingly.

Rin clutched her chest. It felt difficult to breathe properly. She was too far gone into her anxiety attack. Unknowingly, she leaned into Daryl's chest and tears welling up as she struggled to breathe.

"It's okay, darlin', it's okay, yer a'right darlin," Daryl whispered, he watched helplessly as his daughter was hyperventilating.

Daryl was almost close to tears as he struggled to calm her down. He tried everything to calm her, but nothing was fucking working. Rin was never one to have anxiety or was ever diagnosed with it. Yes, she gets nervous, and yes, she's had her moments, but it was never this bad.

He didn't know if he should continue to calm her down or let this pass. Rin's breathing soon slowed down and was then quiet. Daryl looked down and saw that she had now passed out. She must have exhausted herself so badly for her to just sleep.

Daryl looked at Rin's peaceful face. She was peaceful now, but that anxiety attack was absolutely scary for him. She was probably overwhelmed with the situation, either him or Merle were the cause of it. Either way, he felt absolutely horrible right now that it was probably him that caused his daughter to panic like that.

"We're goin' inside baby, hang tight." Daryl softly said as he picked up Rin as gently as he could to not disturb her.

Going into the house at a good pace, he was met with Merle walking towards them, "Daryl, what happened?"

Daryl didn't speak. He was too focused on his daughter right now. Merle followed as they walked into Rin's room. Her room was messy but clean in some places. Daryl put Rin down on her unmade bed and moved a strand of hair out of her face.

Without a word, the brothers walked out of her room, and Merle asked again what had happened outside, but this time, Daryl replied.

"She had a panic attack, I don't know of what, but -" Daryl picked a spot on the ground to look at, "It's - it scared the hell outta me."