9

After Rin was caught (or well snitched on by Merle), she had been trying her best to be clean of weed and drugs, but as anyone could imagine, it wasn't so easy. And since Daryl knew of it, Rin didn't bother hiding it in her room.

Daryl had been helping Rin by looking in her room anytime Rin was home from school or a day with Blake. It wasn't easy for her to see her room being searched. But luckily for them both there wasn't much in her room.

Rin was experiencing withdrawals as of late as she had been a week clean of everything. As hard as it was, Daryl was trying his best to be patient with his daughter. He could see himself in her when he was trying to quit when Bethany was pregnant with Rin.

One night, she heard Darlene's voice as she had arrived, Rin honestly had mixed emotions about her relationship with her father, if they were to get even more intimate then she'd have to break up with Blake, it was just too weird. Rin had been thinking about it lately, and it hurt her to even do it or to even talk to Blake about it.

Daryl did tell her she was coming over for the night, but that didn't make anything better. Rin was holding her phone on Blake's contact, debating whether she should text or call or just to meet up.

"Fuck... Fuck, fuck, fuck..." Rin mumbled as she held her phone.

The distant laughs of Darlene and Daryl were making everything worse. As Rin didn't have anything against Darlene, she was an amazing woman for Daryl even though she still hadn't adjusted.

"Come on, come on..."

𝑹𝒊𝒏
𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆, 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒖𝒑?

Was that good? Her thumb was hovering over the send button. She had to do it, and it had to be done. Just do it.

Just do it.

Do it.

Rin couldn't help but think about how Blake would react. Would she be mad? Absolutely furious? Upset? Or just blank? Fuck she really needed a joint right now. She needed one now.

She took a deep breath before sending the text, and just a minute later, Blake texted back, and of course Blake agreed to meet at the skate park.

Rin walked out to the living room and told her father that she was meeting Blake at the skate park before leaving. Of course, Rin walked slowly to the skate park. She was intending to be late as she was thinking too much about what to say to Blake and how to properly say the words she wanted without fucking up.

What if she ruins their relationship?

Even when Darlene and her father get married one day? Would they be okay by then? Would everything change for good, and they would just forget it ever happened that they were dating?

"Hey, spacey! Are you there?" A voice said, and a hand waving in front of her face.

Oh shit. She got there really quick, and it wasn't as slow as she intended. Now, it was time to ruin the relationship that the two had spent years of friendship. Rin would miss all the petty fights and playful bantering they would have in classes.

"Hey, you sure took your time getting here ya slowpoke." Blake said playfully, hitting Rin's arm.

Rin let out a nervous chuckle, "Uh, yeah, heh, there's just a little bit of things going on."

"Like what?"

Rin rubbed her forehead, something she did when she was scared or frustrated, "I need to talk to ya, and I don't know if you'll hate me."

Blake chuckled, "I could never hate you, baby!" She said comfortingly, rubbing Rin's arm.

"Okay, but ya might wanna rethink that after... But um, I'm just gonna get to the point then." She rambled.

The two girls took a seat on a nearby bench, Blake taking out a joint, and Rin eyeing it. As much as she tried to fight the urge to not ask, she did anyway.

Blake looked at her before handing it over, "I hope I won't regret that." She joked.

"I have a mint," Rin said before blowing smoke out of her mouth, "Um, I need to talk to ya about... Ya know, our parents."

Blake nodded.

Blake was getting worried, this wasn't a regular topic for them, and whenever it was, it was always Rin second-guessing their parents or adjustment.

"Yeah, babe?"

Rin took another smoke as she thought of her words carefully. Even then, she would still mess it up, knowing her. Taking a deep breath, she looked at the most beautiful girl she's ever known her whole middle school to high school life and explained how she's been feeling and thinking lately.

"- Like, ya know? I just, um, I just don't know how we'll be when - or if our parents actually get married..." Rin rambled.

Blake nodded as much as she hated the feeling she was having in her chest she knew Rin was right. It was already somewhat weird as it was currently. But Blake loved Rin. She meant the world to Blake. She's known Rin since middle school, and even then, she's always wanted her.

"Uh, yeah, no, yeah, I get what you're saying."

Rin winces at the response, "I hope this doesn't change -"

"Don't worry, it doesn't, I know what you mean, I mean, to be honest, I've been thinking about it to lately, I mean, for god sakes even Darrrn mentioned it." Blake said with a scoff.

Rin didn't know if Blake was being genuine with her feelings, but she didn't want to say anything to cause any scene. Rin just stared into Blake's eyes, her beautiful eyes. Maybe they could still make it work, but would it be weird because of this talk?

"Do ya think we could have a last... Kiss?" Blake asked.

Rin then knew that Blake had made her decision. She didn't want to make it work, but Rin didn't argue and nodded at her request instead.

"Yeah."

Rin and Blake leaned in for their last kiss, closing their eyes and passionately kissing. Soon, they were making out. Luckily for them, only two-three people stared but immediately went back to their own business.

It wasn't uncommon for people to do PDA at a skate park.

Rin pulled away from the kiss to catch her breath, having Blake laugh and apologizing, and Rin chuckled, looking down, her face heating up.

"Ooh, someone's flustered."

"Oh shut up!" Rin said, punching Blake's arm playfully.

The girls were then silent until Blake spoke, "Well, um, that was something heh."

"Yeah, yeah, it was." Rin let out another sigh and got up from the bench, turning to Blake, "I'm gonna head on home then, but, text me later, okay?"

Blake nodded, "You got it!"

After that, and later that night, Blake and Rin texted each other, they've settled things again and talked most of the night, besides Rin and Daryl eating supper and her showering, getting ready for bed.

The two said their goodnights before falling asleep. Both girls were glad and relieved that they were still on good terms and will soon move on as normal.