4

Fourteen years later, Rin Dixon, a seventeen year old high-school student. Rin spent her years growing up still in Abby's Dance Studio while living her life with a bad crowd, not only has she been with a bad crowd, she was still a good kid while with her father and uncle, though her family life was a bit rough as Daryl had been seeing a woman.

She hasn't met her yet, but today was the day that she was. Daryl had invited his new lover for supper. All Rin knew was that this woman had a daughter around Rin's age and went to the same school as her.

Today wasn't going to be as fun as Rin had a lot going on today, she had a test that was quite hard and she had drama club, she also had to go to detention for being caught smoking weed.

Yup. Today was a busy day. Though Rin wasn't bothered by it as she was still doing very well in school.

Rin groans as she shuts her phone alarm off and tossed it back on her nightstand, hearing her father yell for her. Rin rubs away the crust in her eyes and gets out of bed, "I'm up! I'mgetting' ready now!" She yelled back.

"Be quick, Rin ya don't have time!" Daryl yelled back.

Rin scoffed, "Please, I have plenty." She whispered.

She headed to the bathroom down the hall from her room, Daryl's room was next to her on the left. Rin picked up her toothbrush and then brushed her hair before going back to her room to get dressed.

Rin picked out a baggy 'girl in red' white tour shirt and a baggy grey hoodie along with jeans and mixed matched socks and grabbed a black beanie. It was currently cold out and walked back to the bathroom to put on some face lotion.

"Rin! Yer almost late for school! I'll be waitin' for ya in the truck!" Daryl yelled.

"I'm just 'bout done! Hold on!"

Rin tossed the small lotion back on the counter and ran to grab her backpack and downstairs to the front door to put on her sneakers. When she opened the front door, Daryl was already waiting for her.

"Come on, girl, yer gonna be late."

"It's not my fault, dad." Rin said as she got in the truck, Daryl drove out of their driveway and went straight for the high school.

"Baby, I really hope yer gonna straighten out yer behavior tonight, Darlene is very special to me, Rin." Daryl said, and Rin nodded, "I really want you guys to get along."

"Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. It's not up to me, as long as yer happy dad I don't care who yer with." Rin said.

"Rin -"

"No, really dad, I don't care, as long as she ain't acting like my mother, and thinks she's gonna move in with us, we're fine." Daryl sighs but nods.

Rin had been really bad at getting along with people as she grew up. She only had one friend, who was Blake Parker, she had a younger brother, only by a year. Rin didn't mention it to her or her father, but she had been crushing on Blake ever since they ended middle school.

Rin didn't put a label on herself. She didn't know herself either, so she didn't bother not to make it a big deal.

Daryl pulled into the parking lot of the school, and luckily for them, there were still a few kids walking in the building. Daryl and Rin said their quick goodbyes before driving off to the bike shop, leaving Rin.

"Hey!" A familiar voice yelled.

Ah, Blake Parker.

Rin turned and smiled, greeting her best friend with a side hug as they entered the school. The two girls walked to the cafeteria before class as they had a free period before first class. As they talked for three minutes, the first bell went off, and they made their way to homeroom.