5

Tonight was probably the most awkward for Rin, from any point in her life. This would be it, Daryl had invited in his new girlfriend and kid, who Rin didn't expect to be Blake Parker. Why Blake? Why did it have to be her best friend? Rin never went to her house before, so she never got the chance to meet Blake's family.

It was only one time that Blake met Daryl, and it was at the end of the day to pick up Rin. The two never hung out at each other's houses. They only went to skate parks or just stayed near the school to smoke weed with the group of people Rin would be a part of.

The supper went by smoothly, Darlene was a very sweet person, very much out of Daryl's league in Rin's opinion.

"It's very nice to finally get to know you, Rin." Darlene said with a kind smile.

"Uh... Yeah, same with you, too." Rin dully said, in which Daryl gave her a look that said 'Be nice will you'. Luckily, Darlene didn't mind it, and they all continued to eat.

Darlene spoke again, "So, I heard from Daryl that you're a dancer, yeah?"

Rin cringed at that. Daryl spoke about her to her? Trying to be nice, Rin nodded, "Yeah, yeah, actually. Since I was - what? Two or three years old?" She said, looking at her father.

"Three." Daryl said.

"That's wonderful, Rin. I'd love to see you dance one day." Darlene smiled widely.

Blake glanced at Rin, and she knew that Rin wanted out of this kitchen, so she spoke for her, "Hey, mom."

"Yes?"

"Uh, I - Rin and I have uh, a, a thing going on tonight..." Blake stumbled, but Darlene seemed to not notice and nodded at her and Rin.

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

Daryl spoke, "No, no, it don't matter what thing they have goin' on. I'm sure Rin can wait until supper is done." He said, looking at Rin.

"Uh, sure, dad, whatever ya say." Rin said before giving Blake a murderus look.

Blake slouched and went back to eating. She knew Rin was going to be pissed at her, knowing how she was whenever something didn't go as planned, though right now Blake then decided not to worry about it.

To pass what just happened, Rin wondered something, so she asked Darlene, "How did ya end up datin' my dad?" She asked, putting down her fork as she was now full.

"Oh, well. That's quite the story, actually." Darlene chuckled a bit.

"Hm. I'm sure, uh, we'll I'm gonna go put my plate away and - you can tell us as well by the way ya don't have to wait up."

No one could say a word as Rin left, so Darlene started talking with Daryl, adding a few things to the story. Apparently, they met while Daryl was grocery shopping and buying new bolts before accidently bumping into Darlene.

Rin didn't really find this entertaining along with Blake as their parents kept laughing and chuckling along, though it did have Rin wondering why Daryl would date someone anyway when she already had a mother. Yes, her parents aren't together, but to Rin, it would feel like cheating no matter what form of relationship her parents had with each other.

"And so, Daryl soon had given me a ride home, and we ended up stranded on the street because someone forgot to fill his gas tank." Darlene teased, and Daryl chuckled.

"Sure, blame me when Merle had forgotten to when he borrowed my truck."

"When?" Rin asked.

"Remember he drove ya to Abby's."