𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝟐

hallie zipped up her bag, slipping her shoes on before she walked out of her room. she strolled into the kitchen, leaning on the counter.

"we're about to leave," hallie said. her mom shut the fridge and turned to look at her eighteen year old daughter.

"okay, be careful. we'll be there tuesday morning." her mom said. she kissed her daughters cheek before she continued cooking. hallie grabbed her wallet off the counter before she walked out the door. before she did, she yelled an 'i love you' to her mom.

hallie walked outside, being greeted by walker honking loudly. she laughed and opened the passenger door, throwing her bags in behind her.

"i could've just walked to your house." she said, shutting the door.

"i have to be a gentleman this weekend." he replied, kissing her cheek.

"only this weekend??" she teased. walker laughed and put his truck in reverse.

"yeah. i'm never gonna be a gentleman except on anniversaries."

tomorrow marks three years since hallie and walker started dating. they decided to go down to the lake house a few days early just by themselves.

walked reached over and rested his hand on hallie's leg. they drove peacefully, the soft sound of music playing through the speakers. after the lengthy ride, walker parked the car in the driveway. hallie flew out of her seat and through the doors of the house.

"it's just how i remember it!" she yelled, walking around. walker followed in after a moment, carrying hallie's bags. he set them down inside then went back out for his own bags. he checked a certain pocket in it, sighing of relief when the black box was still there.

**

"hey, ruby." walker said, closing the door behind hallie's mom's room. she turned around and looked at him.

"hey, hun, what's up?" she asked, putting her laundry down. walker stood there nervously, fiddling with his fingers.

"come sit." she offered, patting the spot next to her. walker sat down, not making eye contact with her. "do you wanna tell me what's wrong?"

"nothing's wrong- it's just-" walker sighed, standing back up. he dug the small box out of his pocket and set it on the bed next to her.

"i wanna ask hallie to marry me."

**

walker carried his bags inside, setting them down next to hallie's. he shut the door behind him, looking around for his girlfriend.

"hal? where did you go?" he yelled throughout the house. a loud thud sounded upstairs, and walker couldn't help but laugh. he walked up the stairs, opening the door to his room. he found hallie sat at his desk, holding a familiar notebook.  walker smiled sweetly, sitting down on his bed.

"remind me why we left this here?" he asked, rolling the chair closer to him. hallie crossed her legs, opening the book in her lap.

"so we have something to look forward to, coming here. something that will remind us of us no matter what." hallie said, flipping through the pages of the book. walker kissed her cheek, standing up off of his bed.