Chapter 5

1 week later (Kate's P.O.V)

________________________

I held the phone to my ear, my hand shaking. Tears streamed down my face. Allie answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I gasped for air, sobbing into the phone.

"I'm l-late." I choked out.

"Oh, honey."

I desperately wiped my eyes, trying to clear my vision, only to have fresh tears fill my eyes.

"Kate, stop torturing yourself. You need to take a test. Today. You can figure out where to go from there."

I nodded, even though she couldn't see. "I'll call you after." I sniffed, hanging up.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm down. I wiped my face with my sleeve, calling a cab and trying to speak clearly.

...

I stepped out of the cab, paying the driver and walking into the drugstore.

I rubbed my red eyes, and wiped the sticky, dry tears off my face while looking for a pregnancy test. Finally I found them, and grabbed two.

I hurried to checkout, setting the small boxes on the counter, ignoring the cashier, feeling her eyes on me. I sniffed, handing her a twenty. She pressed a few buttons, and handed me my bag and my change.

"Good luck", she said quietly, giving me a soft smile. I looked at her, taking in her appearance. Straight, brown hair, soft brown eyes. I knew her. I don't know where from, but I definitely recognized her.

I nodded, taking the bag and stuffing the change in my purse. I ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind me and ripping open one of the boxes.

...

Cashier's P.O.V

__________________

I knew who she was when I saw her. She was that girl from the club.

She purchased her items, not looking at me. "Good luck", I said. Poor girl.

I watched her rub her red, puffy eyes, sniffing.

She grabbed her bag and ran to the bathroom across the empty drugstore. It was almost 12pm. We were closing soon.

I glanced at the clock, sighing and tapping my foot on the floor. There was no one else here. I unclipped my name tag, tossing it in my purse and locking the cash register.

She obviously wasn't coming out any time soon. I walked over, stopping outside the door when I heard her crying. I knocked several times, noticing she had gotten quieter.

"I'm sorry." She cried, her voice cracking. "I'll leave. Just uhm, give me one minute..."

"You don't have to leave." I said. "I just wanted to see if you were okay."

She didn't saying anything.

"Can I come in?"

After a moment, the door unlocked and I stepped in, closing it behind me.

She pressed her back against the wall, sliding down and burying her face in her knees. Her shaking hand clutched one white stick, the other sat at her feet. She sobbed quietly into her knees.

I walked over, sitting down next to her. I out my arm around her shaky body, pulling her into a hug.

"It'll be okay."

"No it won't." She whispered, her voice muffled.

I stayed silent for a moment.

"It was that boy from the bar, wasn't it?"

She pulled her face out of her knees, a confused look in her eyes.

"How did you kno-" she started.

I smiled slightly. "Didn't you recognize me? I'm a bar tender there some nights. I remember you. You left with Harry, didn't you?"

She sat up, her eyes widening. "Harry?"

"Harry Styles. He's there all the time. Quite the ladies man. We dated for about a week. He's a heartbreaker, sweetie. You aren't the first to fall for him." I smiled at her sympathetically. I glanced at the small white stick. It was positive. "Does he know?"

She shook her head.

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I can't...I...I didn't even know his name until now. I wouldn't know how to contact him."

"I can help with that."

I pulled out my phone, smiling to myself as she watched my every move.

"Here. Give me your phone."

She pulled it out of her purse, handing it over.

I copied his number from my phone, naming the contact "Harry". I handed her the phone back.

Her eyes widened, staring at the screen. She looked at me, her tears drying.

"How do I tell him?"

I laughed. "That is up to you. Don't worry, you'll figure it out."

She put her phone away, not meeting my eyes.

"Honey, you have to tell him."

She stared at the ground, her eyes filling with water.

"He has a right to know. Even if you don't keep it, you have to tell him."

She nodded, her tears forming a small puddle on the blue tile floor.

She grabbed the two white sticks, jumping up and throwing them out. "I have to go." She said, opening the door. I stood up, following her out.

She turned before leaving the drugstore. "Thank you" she said quietly. I nodded, smiling.

_________________________

I hope you liked this chapter!

PLEASE VOTE/FAN/COMMENT!

Love youu<3