"Mother" Medkit.

noooo this idea was actually really sweet to me 😭🙏

________________________________________________________________

Boombox stopped going out. He stopped eating, stopped taking care of himself and other basic needs. He just stayed in bed and cried. He shifted uncomfortably in bed, the blankets over himself, his eyes sore from crying so much. He had completely run out of tears to cry.

Ding dong.

The sound of Boombox's apartment doorbell jolted him out of bed, sitting up and throwing the blankets off his legs to check who was at his door. He grabbed a jacket and put it on, covering the scars nicely.

"..Who is it." Boombox tried to sound happy and upbeat, but it was pretty hard after he screamed at Valk. His voice was raspy and monotone. Not so good for someone pretending to be happy.

"Medkit. It's Medkit." Medkit stood patiently at the door. "May I come in?" Medkit cocked his head to the side, holding a small bag in his hand. Boombox's eyes darted to the bag, then back at Medkit. "Okay." He opened the door wider for Medkit to come in.

"Uh..ignore the mess..I didn't know you were coming." Boombox threw some of his clothes into his closet and shut the door harder than he intended to, grimacing as he startled both himself and Medkit. "No no. It's my fault, I dropped by too suddenly." Medkit cleared his throat and opened the bag.

"So..I heard what happened between you and Valk." Boombox perked up about to say something. "Not that he told anyone. I was helping Subspace look for his Biografts when I passed by and heard the entire conversation." Boombox sighed, squeezing his fist. "I don't..wanna talk about it."

"I know, and I don't intend on making you." Medkit took a small metal tumbler out, handing it to Boombox. "Normally I don't cook often, but I made soup for you." Boombox seemed slightly less depressed than before.

"Why are you being so nice to me. You used to be so mean!" Boombox's voice cracked, Medkit's eye widening. "You can remember..?" Boombox nodded, his head lowered. "I-I can't remember everything..but you used to be so cold and mean! Why..why do you want to be so nice only now..?" Boombox covered his eyes, but it was clear he was crying. Medkit felt a pang of guilt hit him right in the gut. 

He was right. Medkit used to think Boombox was just annoying and childish. But knowing everything was just a lie was the cherry on top of all the guilt. "Boombox.." Medkit didn't have a single clue how to comfort the phighter.

Boombox felt a pair of arms envelope him in a hug. "Boombox..I'm sorry..." Medkit whispered, patting him on the shoulder in the hug. Boombox was stunned speechless, unable to properly react. Instead, he hugged back. Squeezing the arm that was wrapped around him, he let tears silently well up and spill from his eyes.

"It's okay Boombox. Let it all out.." Medkit said in a hushed voice, still patting Boombox. "You don't deserve all that unfair treatment.." Medkit was just so motherly to Boombox, crying harder with hushed sobs.

"They don't deserve you."