One Step Closer

i just came back from playing mimic and i am quaking in my boots.

i was rapping bible verses after that.
________________________________________________________________

Boombox only needed just two last parts to properly piece together what he could now remember. The missing memory was a missing puzzle piece in his brain. What was it. He couldn't remember. He couldn't remember. He couldn't remember.

He knew he had a fallout with his friends. He knew Medkit and Subspace never really liked him. But he couldn't remember why his arms were so scarred. Who was the one who had asked everyone to turn on him. Boombox silently drinking on the soup that Medkit made for him, leaning on Medkit's shoulder as Medkit wrapped an arm around Boombox.

Boombox bit down on the metal spoon after each sip of soup, trying hard to remember what had happened. Boombox let the soup warm him up, like someone was giving him a hug from the inside. Medkit was just sitting there to comfort Boombox, not entirely sure what to do to help. 

"So..no more close friends, huh?" Medkit tried to strike up a conversation. "Yep." Boombox answered, taking another sip of soup. Medkit was concerned for the wellbeing of this phighter. He had seen the blood on a small switchblade on Boombox's desk, but decided not to question it.

He had engaged in fights that ended with him almost dead, cyberbullied on the internet and given death threats. Yet he still managed to keep his smiley demeanour, keeping his head high as he walked with confidence past everyone. But alas, it was just a false hope put in everyone to ensure them that he was fine.

"..Why not...I- be your friend." Medkit pat Boombox more on the shoulder, Boombox perking up. "Really?" Boombox's tail would be wagging if he was a puppy.

"Sure. You look like you really need one." Medkit let Boombox lean on him. He had to admit. He missed boombox's cheery personality. It was what's making everyone so happy all the time. He was the source of everyone's happiness. Boombox was always there to make witty comments. To crack people up. Now the spark in him had been extinguished.

Boombox wiped his eyes. It was clear he was starting to cry again. "Shh..it's okay." Medkit continued to gently pat Boombox's shoulder as he sipped the soup. A sob ripped from his throat as he tried to wipe his eyes even more, dropping the spoon and almost dropping the soup. Medkit caught the spoon quickly and took the tumbler of soup from Boombox, setting it down on the table.

Each sob from Boombox was like a strike to Medkit's heart. No one knew what he suffered. No one treated him right. No one helped him. He had nobody. Boombox's eyes were red and puffy from crying so much. Like he had been crying nonstop. Medkit sighed as he hugged the phighter tightly, whispering words of reassurance to him.

________________________________________________________________________________

i was gonna post this yesterday but i fell asleep while writing and just decided to write when my brain was in a better state sorry 😭