(Not Exactly) Comforting. V2

i have covid
anyways

yall want medbox or nah

________________________________________________________________

Ding.

New Message
Traitor: I need to tell you something. Please just listen to me at least.

Boombox groaned as marked the message as read. He was too tired for this. "What's the matter." Medkit was sewing beside Boombox, not bothering to look at Boombox's phone since he had a clue who it already was.

"Nothing."

Medkit nodded, not wanting to push the matter. Boombox got up from his spot beside Medkit, walking out of the room. Boombox walked into the living room where everyone else was. "Zuka, I need a ride."

(im sorry im watchin a karen compilation right now and this bitch is being fucking annoying)

Zuka could sense the deadpan expression on Boombox's face. He glanced around the room, once, twice before looking back at Boombox. "Where to."

Boombox whispered a location to Zuka as he nodded, walking out of the house with Boombox to start his truck.

_______________________________________________________________

Valk leaned on the wall of the crummy alleyway, hoping his disguise would be enough to not attract him any attention. He scrolled on his phone, contemplating whether he should send another message to Boombox.

"Hey." Valk turned his head to the silhouette of the expected phighter. "Hi."

The awkward silence between them was deafening. Boombox grit his teeth as Valk fidgetted, wondering what was appropriate for this situation. "I'd like to start off by apologising. I'm sorry for making you cry. And for cheating on you."

"..Is that it?"

The cold tone made Valk's blood run cold. This was no longer the sweet, lovely Boombox he once loved and cared for. No. It was now just the husk of someone who had been broken and destroyed far too many times.

"I have one more thing to say."

Valk gulped, clenching his fists as he mustered up what remaining courage he had.

"We never bullied you."

"..."

"W..h..a..t."

Really? Everything was fake? Everything was just fake this whole time? The emotional distress he went through was fake? What else was fake, the fact he had gone through so much that he decided to cut his flesh open, so much that his skin was a valid barcode now? The fact that he had been crying his eyes out every night, to the point he was empty and had no more tears to cry? The fact that he wanted to die every single moment of his life, just because everyday he was being harrassed by these phighters online?

Fake?

"Is that so."

Boombox chuckled at Valk's weak attempt to convince him otherwise. But Valk came prepared. "Check your wrist if you don't believe me. Check your phone too."

Boombox did as he was told.

Clean. How could this be.

He frantically opened his phone to check the messages he was sent everyday.

None.

Was Valk really telling the truth?

"Is that so?"

Boombox's voice cracked, tears pooling at his eyes. Valk nodded. Success.