=Episode 9=

And just before the season finale! Man, not seeing our Buck for months now is surely going to be painful. But, at least we have him here with us haha!

I was wondering if this length of chapters are more than okay with you, people. I can maybe make them longer, but I think so far this way works nicely with the story going on like this.
Opinions are more than welcome and appreciated.

Hope you all enjoy this one.

Chasing The Trail

A nice house of light blue walls and bricks going from the chimney down until making a fence in the balcony was everything that received both Mason and Gideon when they arrived at the direction given by Josh almost half an hour ago.

-"This is the place." Robinson was the first one to speak, hopping out of the car later and heading towards the front door. The sooner he was out of there, the better.

His companion interrupted him midway, "I'm gonna wait here, if that's okay."

Robinson only glanced sideways, his body still facing the house completely. "Suit yourself, man. I don't think it will be long." While walking, he heard the door of the car and that made him turn his head backwards, seeing then how Mason just sat on the hood of the vehicle.

Knocking once he reached the entrance, the veteran waited for a couple of seconds and yet there was no answer. That made Robin scrunch his eyebrows, noticing too that the car he supposed belonged to the Moore's was parked in the driveway. He tried again, "Hello?" His tone was starting to betray his impatience.

Gideon had a go at the doorknob, surprising him that the entrance was completely unlocked. Many scenarios passed through his mind and not a single one was good. He made himself known while opening the door, "Is someone in here?" No response came his way.

A small amount of dust could be seen on the surface of the wooden floor if you paid attention. The air inside the house felt heavy, like something that happened wanted to be uncovered. Robinson did not dare to close the door behind him and entered himself more into the residence.

-"Anybody home?" When he reached the entrance of the hallway it was there when some kind of smell hit his nose and made him stop in his tracks. "Please don't let this be it." The scent felt familiar and he didn't like it, having been witnessed of those many times in the Army. His mind was screaming at him to run towards the last door that could be seen from where he was standing, but Gideon's body carried him slowly in that direction.

The hatchway that gave passage to the room was slightly open, just enough to get a whiff of the horrific odor coming from within it. "Son of a... NO!" He shouted angrily at the view that received him.