=Episode 12=

I apologize if our boy Gideon is a dic*head in this episode, but it was for a reason not talked about yet hehe!
There's mention of blood and a bit of gruesome things in this one, just giving a heads up in case.

I hope you all enjoy it since we didn't really have any moments like this one in the first book.
Gideon Begins will be longer than expected, I think he deserves it haha!

Anyhow, in the next one we'll finally have an update on what's happening in "present day" so stay tuned for that.

Gideon Begins - Part 3
Bārzān, Iraq
2014

-"Do any of you know where he is?" William asked into the coms. Their captain went radio silent and its been almost an hour since they last heard of him. He was currently stationed up in a tree that covered perfectly his entire body, his sniper rifle facing a nearby rebel settlement where the team was required to infiltrate and extract information from whoever the boss was.

Connor was the first one to answer. "Nope." Simple and straight to the point. He had the back entrance in his vision, HK-416C with a silencer scanning the area nonstop. There was a moment when he thought he got spotted, but luckily the three rebels guarding that area looked everywhere except where he was. "I'm not even sure if he is inside or not." Though it's true that Yogi -as the team so lovingly calls him- was accustomed to Gideon's antics and habits of disappearing once in a while, he always told the platoon about it. A thing this time he didn't.

-"There hasn't been any chatter on their coms about an outsider either." Came Lesley's voice adding herself to the conversation. She stayed this time around in the safe house due to a small fever, but as a translator and a valuable member of the Lone Wolf she participated on missions even from the distance.

Elise was currently on a building nearby trying to hack into the system but to no avail yet. Seems like they upgraded their network somehow, "He rounded the corner last time I saw him, but nothing after that." She knew that everyone despite taking their missions very seriously, they still cared a lot for each other. "Remember, we have to stay in position unless he says otherwise."

William on his end sighed not so silently, "I hate it when he does this." He admitted, hearing later the other three agreeing with him.

The minutes went on for what felt like forever, but the silence surrounding the settlement got interrupted with an explosion in one of its rooms sending everyone on high alert.

-"What was that? L?" Asked William, the second in command if their captain wasn't around yet.

The team began to feel desperate, "There's a lot of chatter and confusion in their coms, all of them are required to go inside and investigate the sighting of an intruder in the vicinity."