Ignition of Chaos III

"It all began when I was about ten. I remember it very well."

"you're from the east?"

"Nikeri originally, but my parents were travelling often for work. Meaning we would end up in new places every other month or so. But when I was ten, we arrived in Kirrn in the east. It was late evening, and an older woman told my family to take refuge in her home. But my father wouldn't take her advice, and my mother followed him blindly." Unknown to Ren, a tear ran down her cheek.

"It's okay; you don't have to continue, Ren," Cassian announced, holding her hand in a gesture of kindness. But just as Ren raised a smile, someone crashed through the door and took hold of Ren. Who was in shock and screaming out of terror.

"What are you doing, Galileo? She isn't a danger."

"No, but we believe she is the one Zeus is looking for. She needs to be handed in as the safety of all around is in jeopardy with her in this realm!" Galileo spoke with a deep, unyielding voice. His grip on Ren was firm, and his expression was one of grim determination.

Ren struggled in Galileo's hold, her eyes wide with fear.

"Please, let me go! I don't know what you're talking about!"

Cassian, Kyler, and Zarah sprang into action, their protests filling the room.

"You can't take her!" Zarah cried out, her voice desperate.

"She's just starting to understand what's happening!"

Galileo remained unmoved by their pleas.

"This is beyond your understanding. The heavens have decreed that she must be brought to them. Her presence here is a threat."

Cassian stepped forward, his fists clenched.

"We can protect her. Whatever danger you think she poses, we can handle it. Just give us a chance."

Galileo's gaze hardened, and he shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but I have my orders. She is the chosen one and will yield to the prophecy bestowed on her. "He began to pull Ren towards the door, her screams echoing in the small room.

"Please, don't let him take me!" Ren pleaded, her voice breaking with fear and desperation.

"I don't know what will happen to me!"

Kyler and Zarah moved to block Galileo's path, their determination unwavering.

"You can't just take her away like this!" Kyler shouted, his voice shaking with anger. "There has to be another way!"

Galileo paused, his grip on Ren tightening.

"You don't understand the magnitude of the situation. You are trainee Arcane, and you are too young for this level of sanction. If she is the one Zeus is seeking, then her presence here could bring downfall upon us all."

Cassian took a deep breath, his mind racing for a solution. He looked into Ren's tear-stained eyes, his heart thumping a million beats a minute. There was something about this teen girl he had only met hours ago. But evil was not a word he would attach to her.

"Galileo, please. Let us talk to the elders. Let us explain what we know. Ren is not a danger;  we believe she knows more about the mist; she could help us  to understand the mist and stop it."

For a moment, Galileo seemed to waver, his eyes flickering with uncertainty. But then he shook his head, his resolve hardening once more.

"No. I have my orders."

With one final, desperate look at Cassian and the others, Ren was dragged out of the room, her please fading into the distance. The trio watched helplessly as she was taken away, their hearts heavy with fear and anger.