Chaos on Earth.

Within minutes, Luke and Ren had stepped up; they were now the ones who knew the familiarity of the cityscape and how to navigate. Without hesitation, Luke looked at Ren and then at the others. 

"Look, we should go and find a hotel. There, we can get a good night's sleep while also making our next move." Ren looked hesitant, which caught Luke off guard. "What is happening, Ren?" she asked before speaking further. 

"Well, one, we will have to use a different name as I don't want anyone tracing us, even people we know. As I am guessing you didn't tell your mum where you were going?" She paused, and Luke looked at her in agreement. "Okay, well. We must also teach this lot, such as how to blend it. With our weaponry and armour, we stand out in this town." 

Luke nodded, understanding Ren's concerns. "You're right. We need to lay low and blend in as much as possible. If Osiris's minions are here, they'll look for anything unusual."

Kyler, who had been observing the city with curiosity and caution, stepped forward. "I don't know much about this place, but I can see we stand out. What do we do?"

Ren glanced around at the group, assessing their appearance. "We'll need to find clothes that don't scream 'medieval warrior.' We can't walk around with swords and armour out in the open. Luke, you know this place better than any of us—where can we find what we need?"

Luke considered their options, then snapped his fingers as an idea came to him. "There's a 24-hour department store a few blocks from here. We can pick up some clothes and maybe a few supplies to help us blend in. We'll ditch our gear for now—keep it in the hotel room until we need it."

Cassian looked uncertain, glancing down at his sword, knowing it was the only way he knew how to defend with assurance anyone would win their fight. "I don't like the idea of leaving our weapons behind." He muttered, caressing the handle of his sword. Ren, sensing the concern, had some knowledge this day about their kind and knew that the tattoos on their arms were not just a meaningful sample. They were runes; they could trigger the round with a carving onto their skill. The only problem was they had to be given by another Arcane, almost like a badge of honour. But before she could speak her mind, they followed Luke; for Ren, this was a nice change of leadership, knowing this would mean a lot to him. 

Ren placed a reassuring hand on his arm. "I don't like it, but we must be smart about this. We'll keep them close, but we must focus on staying under the radar for now. Plus, I will discuss a plan when we get to the hotel."

Zarah, always the pragmatist, spoke up. "Let's get moving, then. The longer we stand around, the more attention we'll draw."

Under Luke's guidance, the group set off quickly through the city streets. The department store was as he remembered—brightly lit and packed with a dizzying array of clothes and accessories. It was overwhelming for the others, who were used to more straightforward, more functional attire. As Ren walked off through the Ailes, Cassian seemed to follow her with anxious yet protective energy. 

"Come on," Ren rolled her eyes, moving her red hair from her view. Causing Cassian to look in her direction with a confused look as Ren browsed. "Your kind only lives three blocks away from here. How are you so out of touch with human life? I mean, you are half-human?" 

"Look, truth be told, we are not seasoned Arcane; our hoard has been told to be wary of humankind and any kind. We are in low stock these days if you get my drift, plus I don't like that I have just come face to face with a high demon?" 

"Uhg, come on, Cassian. You need to stop thinking you have to protect me. I have about three lives already in the heavens. I also have more connections than you could ever know, plus I am not scared of my fate. It is what is chosen, and the divine can not be stopped or wrong within their prophecy.