39. I Did Something Bad

They're burning all the witches even if you aren't one

They got their pitchforks and proof, their receipts and reasons

So light me up

They'd returned to Monaco together just after New Year, Lando to start getting ready for the new season and Hannah needing to start thinking about what she was going to do next.

The first thing she did, was put the house in Miami up for sale, knowing it wasn't what she wanted any more. That was the easy part. The rest was still very much an unknown for her.

She'd been biding her time making any decisions on the rest of it. The record label weren't putting any pressure on her for the first time in as long as she could remember. It gave her time to breathe and think.

They'd taken their time to enjoy the peace before the new season started and Lando would be back to travelling and focusing on his racing. It had been a quiet week exploring Monaco, the two of them settling in for a quiet night watching a movie when Hannah's phone rang and disturbed them.

She picked up her phone as Alice called her, Lando pausing the movie they'd been watching. "Hi Alice, everything okay?"

"Hi Hannah, sorry to disturb you," Alice said quickly. "I have bad news."

"What is it?" Hannah asked quietly.

"It's Cassie, she's written a book." Alice sighed.

"A book?" Hannah repeated in disbelief. "What do you mean she's written a book?"

"I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of it." Alice sighed. "But it sounds like it's going to be an autobiography-type thing about her time working for you. I'm guessing because the article she did got so much attention she's decided to go for it. They're planning to release it by the end of the month."

"Shit," Hannah mumbled, Lando sat up looking at her in concern. "What do we do?"

"I've got lawyers looking at it," Alice explained. "But I think they're probably trying to get it out there before we can sue them to stop it."

"Should I try and talk to her?" Hannah asked.

"Do you think that's going to make it any better?" Alice asked. "I don't know her well enough to know how she'll respond to something like that. It might just make the whole thing even worse."

"I don't know," Hannah admitted. "I thought I knew her but clearly not... I mean is there a chance that maybe I'll come out of it okay?" Even as she said the words she knew the answer.

"I don't think we can run the risk." Alice sighed. "I think we just have to hope that we can stop it coming out before they can publish. Is there anything in particular I need to know about?"

Hannah glanced over at Lando beside her, wondering how much of it he'd heard. "I need to talk to Lando, can I call you back Alice?" She asked quietly.

"Sure, I'll see what I can find out in the meantime. Speak soon." Alice agreed, ending the call.

"What's she done now?" Lando asked, he hadn't been able to hear that much of the conversation but it was written all over Hannah's face. It had to be Cassie.

"She's written a fucking book." Hannah groaned.

"A book?" He looked at her in disbelief. "About you?"

"Well, Alice thinks it's an autobiography-type thing about her time working for me. So yeah, about me but not about me as such."

"What does Alice think?" He asked, trying to stay calm about it despite the rage bubbling up that yet again Cassie was causing problems for them.