Ch.23 Ex Problems

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia nor any DC properties

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

Izuku stared in horror at Momo as she kept her calm smile not realizing what she had just told him. Izuku began to huff and puff as he began to get worked up, his skin started to constrict and his veins started to turn a sickly green that was even noticeable through his skin. His eyes also began to turn a toxic green as he violently thrashed in his ice prison. This shocked everyone since just a moment ago he was passive and had all but given up.

In one final struggle and roar he broke free shattering the ice, shocking the heroes. They prepared to restrain him again but in an intense show of speed, he rushed towards a nearby wall and pulled his fist back. Once the punch connected with the wall it shattered exposing the room to the outside moonlight. And not even a second later he jumped out with zero hesitation. The flyers of the attack group responded fast going after him. What they weren't expecting was for Izuku's shot arm to heal to normal in an instant while pulling out a grapple gun and began rocketing from building to building.

What Izuku was experiencing was a Lazarus Rush, an adrenaline rush fueled by the infused Lazarus serum in his blood. When Izuku experiences a near-death experience or intense feeling of flight or fight response. Izuku falls under a Lazarus Rush if these conditions are met, under a Lazarus Rush Izuku experiences enhanced physical capabilities and enhanced regeneration almost near unkillable, the consequence is that it will end after 10 minutes and he will face a severe backlash.

The heroes didn't know that as they watched Izuku basically throw his body into harm's way. Izuku however wasn't thinking about any of them, instead, Izuku's mind was solely on his family and whether or not he'd ever see them again or he'd find their corpses in their house. Both were a possibility if Yai was involved. He heard the others calling out to him trying to get him to stop, but he ignored them as he continued to rush of desperation.

Bakugo eventually landed in front of him cutting the desperate man off, "Izuku! You need to-" Bakugo was interrupted as three bullets pierced his body in multiple spots and grazed him in others. As Izuku mag dumped at him with a pulled-out gun, however, due to this distraction Mirio was able to tackle him to the ground but struggled to hold him down until the others also helped, and even then it took 9 of them to hold him down properly.

"Izuku what the hell is wrong with you!? Get yourself together!" yelled Mirio as he tried to hold down the still struggling Izuku as he tried to break free. "You killed them!" yelled Izuku in a muffled voice as he continued to try to move to break free. Momo moved in making some rebar to restrain him. "What are you talking about Izuku? They're safe I already told you this." This pushed Izuku over the edge as his anger peaked causing him to verbally lash out.

"You dumb bitch! You handed them right over to them! Yai is the last Demon Head! You killed them!" This caused Momo to grow shocked and step back from the lash-out. "What? You must be mistaken Izuku, there's no way Yai could be a Demon Head." Before she could continue to defend her friend, her phone began to ring causing her to check and smile seeing the name. 

"That's Yai right now. She'll tell me everything is fine and you'll settle down." Momo answered the phone, "Yai. Is everything-" 'Momo please put Izuku on the phone.' Momo's heart dropped hearing the cold voice of Yai and her commanding attitude. Momo put it on speaker.

"Hi, honey~" Izuku's rage doubled, "Yai! Where are they!?" "Oh my sweet toxic green~ You already know where they are. You have greatly angered the Demon so it's time you came home for your punishment. Do not fret they are alive for we need them to bring you here, oh Momo don't worry we didn't take Shomi. She might have a broken arm but besides that she's fine." Shoto and Momo held a furious look from the tone. "Now where was I, ah yes. You have two days to come home, Izuku. Or we kill them both. Till then ~"