The Cuts

What was cut out of the story?

--

The first concept that was drastically changed was Zumi. She originally wasn't going to exist and instead, just follow along the story similar to the movie where he just helps because he wants to. I thought it was too similar to the movie and didn't give much purpose to Izuku, so I added a reason for why he would want to help Japan. If not for himself but instead for someone he cared for, a daughter. So, that's how Zumi came to be, Yai had already existed before Zumi so it was just a slight change to her role in the story.

The second major concept I messed with a lot was what ship was it going to be if anything at all. I wanted a character that was close to certain members of the cast but wouldn't be weird for an older Izuku who has been disconnected from the main cast for a while to find someone who wouldn't recognize him since they weren't close before. I went with Fuyumi since it would make sense how she met Izuku due to his daughter and her being a teacher. Then uses her connection to Shoto to slowly introduce the idea of Izuku being Red Hood.

Next was the Demon Heads, going to be really kind of just made shit up with them. Besides the Head of Peace, I was given the deeds for that one. The original idea was for each demon head to have a little arc into their defeat, but I scrapped the idea since the story would take far too long. So, we ended with just what we got.

The final thing was thinking of what variant of MHA I should do. Yagi family neglect? Nah too overused. Betrayed Izuku? Nah definitely overused. I wanted a first take for a Red Hood story so I went the route I did. Was the best one I could have done, probably not but I still liked it.

That's all my major cuts from the story that I can remember. Thanks again for reading and giving this book a chance.