Ch.24 Demon

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia nor any DC Properties

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator POV*

Izuku put Fuyumi down and pushed her behind him as Ra's stood at the end of the hall with a neutral look. Fuyumi brought Zumi close to her as she hid behind Izuku who looked afraid of the demon. "Hello Izuku. It's been a long time." Izuku struggled to answer fully as fear was in his body until he heard Zumi's whimper and Fuyumi trying to calm her down. That brought him back to reality as he clenched his fist to focus.

"It has been, Ra's." "Can't say I'm too happy to see you though, Izuku. You have caused this Old Man much grief, and I think it's time this Old Man punishes the disobedient child." Ra's pulled his sword out as he stared down Izuku, Izuku turned to Fuyumi as he pulled out a knife from his back. "Leave them out of this."

"I don't kill children or someone defenseless." "You don't do it yourself, you mean?" Ra's just huffed as he stood to the side, Izuku brought Fuyumi close as he went to whisper in her ear. 'Go, try to find a hiding spot or connect with the heroes. They're fighting Yai right now. I'll be up there as soon as I can.' Fuyumi didn't fight and nodded as she and Zumi walked by Ra's before disappearing around the corner. Leaving the two undead alone.

"Prepare yourself." Izuku fell into a stance his knife in an underhanded grip feet forward ready as Ra's crouched and he brought his sword behind his head in a horizontal line. Ra's charged first reaching Izuku in a blink, swinging down for his neck. Izuku leaned back and at the same moment used his knife to push it up. Barely dodging it as it took a chunk of his hair.

Ra's tilted his sword up and swung it back up trying to catch Izuku in his side but Izuku stepped into the swing and tried to plunge his knife into Ra's collarbone. Ra's met the knife catching it with his hand with it piercing through, Ra's closed his fist around the handle and headbutted Izuku making him back up losing the knife as Ra's tried to plunge his sword through the stunned Izuku.

Ra's tore the knife out of his hand and tossed it behind him as his wound healed. Izuku tore an old sword from a decoration and prepared for the second clash. Ra's looked unimpressed by both the weapon and its wielder. Izuku charged in this time swinging for Ra's neck but the older fighter just backpedaled with his sword to the side as he dodged the swing. Izuku continued on the offensive swinging for Ra's but each time the demon just dodged with minimal effort showing he didn't think Izuku was a threat to his life.

Izuku went for another swing but this time Ra's met him halfway causing their swords to clash causing sparks to fly as they grinded against each other. Izuku tried to push Ra's back but the elder did not budge and instead looked unimpressed by the effort. Izuku's frustration was beginning to show making Ra's scowl.

"Still just a child." "Why? Why did you take me from them?" Ra's growled at that reaching the last of his patience. "After all those years of providing, training, and housing you. This is the respect you show me brat?" "Cut the crap Ra's! We both know you just wanted a mindless slave that would do your dirty work for you." "Well it seems like you have it all figured out," said Ra's in a mocking tone.

"I just don't understand why me. Why did you take me? Why did have to be me? I didn't even have my power anymore and yet you kept me, why?" Izuku's voice was desperate this was something he had always wanted to ask but was always too scared. Ra's stared at the young man before tilting the blade to its edge slicing Izuku's sword in half as he continued down slicing across Izuku's chest cutting through his armor like butter. 

"I did it because I could." Ra's grabbed Izuku by the neck and slammed him into a wall causing it to collapse as Izuku was thrown through it. However, he didn't connect with a floor, instead, he continued to fall bouncing off rocks until he crashed into the ground. Izuku groaned as he tried to pull himself up even with his left arm broken and hanging limply on his side. Izuku examined his surroundings, he was in a cavern with a large lake of green liquid. Izuku heard a blade connect with a stone and turned seeing a katana-embedded blade down in the stone. Izuku forced his arm to heal as he tore off his destroyed armor. His wound was superficial having a single cut in his black shirt. Ra's dropped down holding his sword against his neck as he stared down Izuku.

"There, now that's a proper sword. Her name is Soul Snatcher. Show her the respect she deserves and wield her with dignity as you die." Izuku pulled the katana out of the ground and fell into the stance ready for round two. The two began to clash but even with a real sword, Izuku didn't stand a chance. Ra's tore Izuku apart constantly hitting him in small parts of his body, obviously toying with Izuku. 

Ra's deflected a strike from Izuku forcing the blade down and Izuku's body to slightly go forward. Ra's just looked unimpressed as he swung his blade sideways at Izuku's face, Izuku wasn't face enough to dodge it completely or bring his blade up. Instead, Ra's sword went slashed through the side of Izuku's face taking his right eyeball out and forcing him to leap back. Izuku grits his teeth as he tries to hold back his scream of pain he holds a hand to where his missing eye was, all over his body were cuts that slowly bled from where Ra's took little shots at him with precision.

Ra's began to stalk towards Izuku as the mercenary tried to get to prepare himself. Izuku raised his sword to swing down at the approaching demon but Ra's just blitzed Izuku grabbing his wrist with the sword preventing him from swinging down and stabbed his sword through Izuku's stomach to the hilt. Izuku looked down at the wound as blood began to fall down his mouth sputtering out blood in coughs.

"It's a shame. You had so much potential to be great, whether it was as the Red Hood or Deku. However, you are a child cursed by fate. It seems fate has always been against you Izuku Midoriya. You can take this knowledge with you as you go to the Abyss." Ra's went to pull out his blade to disembowel Izuku, however, the blade did not budge at all. Ra's looked down and saw that Izuku healed his wound making the blade get stuck in his body, before Ra's could react Izuku plunged Soul Snatcher through his collar bone preventing him from moving. Ra's howled in pain as Izuku stared him in the eyes with hatred.

"I know I'm going to Hell for what I've done. I've accepted that because that's my fate, but I refuse to die as long as scum like you still live in this world. The world where my children live. Don't get this wrong, this isn't a selfless act, this is selfish because I'm not going to Hell alone." Izuku's tone was like someone who had just won a great game. Ra's was confused by it until he felt something hard and round against his chest, he looked down and saw a grenade in Izuku's hand that was held against Ra's chest in his left hand.

The grenade went off consuming both of the Killers.

--

Izuku awoke to pain, he knew he was still in the cave evident by the ceiling was stony or he assumed it was, it was kind of hard to see. He couldn't see anything on his right side at all, it was just black, and his remaining side well it was blurry. He couldn't hear much besides the constant ringing. His entire body felt like it was on fire as well, but he still needed to make sure. Izuku tilted his head looking for the demon and found the corpse about twenty feet in the opposite direction. Ra's was on his back with a gaping hole in his chest, making Izuku take a rough exhale before collapsing down himself.

Izuku's condition was rough as the view changed to looking down on the Hood. His entire left arm was down to a stub to his elbow and burns all over the front of his body that went to his face as well. His right arm was a mess with it at a weird angle. The worst part was his stomach which was bleeding profusely from both the shrapnel from the grenade and the katana being destroyed. Now he was just bleeding out in the cavern alone, he didn't have much coherent thought left but he did know he was thinking of his family.

He felt vibrations beneath but paid them no mind as he slowly began to slip into the darkness. Until, something slapped him bringing him back for a second seeing Bakugo's worried face along with the rest of them, what were their names again? Izuku couldn't remember it was getting hard to think and cold. Even though he couldn't hear what they were saying he could tell they were panicking, but he didn't understand why. As they continued to argue a thought came to Izuku's mind as the green glow from the lake enticed Izuku.

"ba-bakugo." Bakugo heard Izuku's hoarse call for him and quickly went to his side showing he was listening. "destroy...the...pool." Bakugo looked stunned and stared at Izuku's glazed green eye before turning to the others around with a distressed look. Izuku lay there ready to pass over as he let his last request slip his lips, he knew he didn't need to ask them to take care of Fuyumi since he knew they would do that anyway.

Izuku's last moments were blurred as he felt the heroes pick him up with care, it seemed they were going to try to take him to the surface for his last moments with Fuyumi. However, instead they took him into a different direction and his body felt cooler than ever before until finally his vision went fully green than nothing.

*End of Chapter*

Next Chapter: Epilogue