Activation

A/N: POVs will not change often, but you can expect shifts in POV from Erica and Ben, and occasionally other people. I will put something in bold if it involves a change! Also, in order for this story to make sense, you will need to have read all books up until SSPX, which is the book that I am trying to replace with this book. Hope you enjoy!

Ben's POV

I was sitting down on my bed on the Emperor of the Seas when I heard the door open. Sliding off the bed, I slowly walked towards the door where I saw Erica walk in. Erica was one of the best spies I knew. My heart immediately started beating at a million miles per minute. It didn't help that 15-minutes ago, she had kissed me, telling me that she was finally ready for a relationship. Thousands of butterflies erupted in my stomach. I smiled, and she smiled back. However, before I could say anything, she put her finger on my lips, signaling me to be quiet. "Shhhhhh," she said and nodded towards the door where moments later, her parents Catherine and Alexander walked in.

Catherine was a spy for MI6, and had a knack for making the best muffins in the world. Alexander on the other hand, looked like the classic spy you'd see in the movies, with his elegant suits and shoes that shined brighter than a mirror. Unfortunately, Alexander's skill level was not high, and any tale he would tell of a spying adventure was undoubtedly fake. Trailing behind them were my two friends Mike and Zoe. Both were extremely competent spies, and had helped me save the world many times.

Erica was all business, removing her finger from my lips and the smile immediately dissipated. She turned towards everyone and spoke: "I just spoke with Grandpa and he wants us back in DC as soon as possible." Erica's grandfather was one of the best spies ever. However, he lacked compassion and was often grumpy. Mike groaned with annoyance, saying "After saving the world again, they can't even give us a break for a week?" Catherine chimed in. "Michael, you know that's not how this business works." Turning to Erica, Catherine said, "Dear, do you know why Cyrus wants us back in such a hurry? Especially since you know that your grandfather is retiring again soon." Erica sighed and said, "Honestly, I don't know why, but he said it was important." She turned towards the group, cleared her throat, and said: "Our plane  back to Washington DC leaves tonight, so meet back here in an hour ready to depart." Everyone scrambled to start packing their bags, and so began the tiring process of heading back to school.

An hour later, I met everyone else back in my cabin. All of our bags were packed and we were prepared to depart. However, one small issue remained: the boat wasn't docked on the pier. While the boat wasn't at sea, it was far enough out in the harbor that it would be difficult to leave if you were a normal person. Luckily for us, we were the opposite of normal. Erica had already called in a favor from a friend who had a small speedboat ready to meet us. We got on the speedboat and raced towards the small private runway that was in town. 

A small sleek white plane was waiting for us. Alexander, whose only area of expertise was in planes and helicopters, walked around the plane with Catherine, inspecting everything to make sure there was nothing wrong. Apoon finding nothing, we climbed aboard but realized while the idea of traveling on a private plane sounds cool, it was much worse in execution. I walked to the back of the plane to find that this plane was made before 2000. It was old, the engines were loud, and the only good thing about the plane was the soft leather seats that we sat in. I sat next to Erica, Zoe and Mike sat next to each other, and Catherine walked with Alexander into the cockpit. We had barely sat down when the plane started moving. I felt the plane talk off, and I looked out the window, watching the jungle get smaller and smaller through my window. Erica reminded me "We get in past midnight, so make sure you get some sleep." She made a good point. I grabbed her hand and interlaced my fingers with hers. She leaned her head on my shoulder and we both fell asleep.