Too Much Space Between Us

Hi Everyone! Guess what: I have a 10-hour flight, so guess what I'm going to do during it! You guessed it, write chapters. You'll probably get a few more chapters, most of which will be released in August when I'm too busy to write new stuff. I'm writing this before my other chapter, "Like an Exam, Just Deadlier" gets released. I'm bored of editing and want to write a romance, so here you go! Enjoy!

Erica's POV

I sat down on the bed but kept my distance from Ben. I was livid. "Ben, how could you," I yelled at him. "You made me misinterpret what he said. You caused me to improperly evaluate Charlie. Why?" Ben was shaking, a lot. He had never seen me like this before, concerned about my reputation like this. I felt my heart melting. I was scaring him.

"Erica, Charlie deserves to be a spy. Zoe...," before he stopped himself, realizing that he had revealed who had conned him into doing it.

I realized something. Something I had done during Ben's 3rd night at Spy School. I was able to extract information from Ben easily. Earlier today, Ben flirted with me to get me to lose focus, but I could do the same thing with him. His brain shut down when I overwhelmed him, so it was a great way to get the truth out of him. "Ben, don't move, I'll be back in a minute," I called. I ran into my closet, and shut the door. Using the small amount of time to my advantage, instead of overthinking my outfit, I just grabbed a random top and shorts, and then changed out of my spy gear. I ended up wearing a pair of short shorts, and a top that purposefully revealed by waist. Ben wasn't going to stand a chance.

I laughed to myself. Was it really such a bad thing to flirt with Ben? Or have him flirting with you? And with that thought, I walked out of the closet.

Ben's jaw dropped. Again. It had happened two nights ago. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. I scooted closer to him, until I could smell his body wash. It was intoxicating. As I ran my fingers through is soft hair like a comb, he started blushing. His breath caught, before he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. My heart exploded in butterflies. I was supposed to be the one seducing him, not the other way around. "So Ben," I purred. "What we're you saying about Zoe?".

To my dismay, he didn't break immediately. "I don't know what you're talking about," Ben said. He tried to say it coolly; but appeared to be convincing himself as much as he was trying to convince me. He was about to say something else, when I decided to take things to the next level. I placed a finger over his mouth. "Shhhh," I whispered into his ear. "Ben, don't worry, you don't need to tell me anything." Using my hands, I started to feel his arms. "Ben, have you been working out? Do you know how hot that is?" Ben squeezed his eyes shut. It seemed like he was fighting a war in his brain, trying to fight his feelings for me. I looked deep into his eyes, before standing up and laying back down in his lap like a damsel in distress. I tried asking again, "Anything you want to tell me, Ben?"

He broke. Without hesitating, Ben told me: "Zoe wanted me to flirt with you so Charlie could have an easier time with the tests today." I nodded, expecting as much. Honestly, I hadn't gained much information from Ben. I realized, Did I just convince myself to flirt with Ben for another reason too? Ok, fuck it, I'll spend some time with Ben. He's my boyfriend after all.

I wrapped my arms around Ben like a cocoon, and pulled him down onto the bed with me. We sat there for a few minutes, not daring to say anything. Neither of us dared to move, not wanting to upset the moment we were having. Our eyes skimmed across each other's bodies, exploring each other, wondering, trying to figure out what to do next. The gaze he examined me with made me feel like my body and mind were disconnected. His eyes were like lasers because as they passed over me they left figurative marks on my skin which burned with a flaming intensity, which made me finally understand just how attractive he was. Finally, Ben leaned over, and kissed me.