Interrogation

A/N: Hi, we hit 50 views and are #1 on Jawa! I know it's been a few days but here is the next chapter. I have taken some time to write and edit this, so I hope you enjoy it. Please comment if you like this!

Erica's POV

I saw Mary and Zoe enter through the garage, their footsteps heavy as they dragged something along the concrete. The familiar sound made my Mom and Grandpa instantly alert, while Ben and Alexander remained unfazed. As the figure was brought in, my mom rushed over with smelling salts to revive them. I heard a cough, then another, indicating that the person was awake.

Ben, Zoe, Mom, Grandma, and Grandpa all gather around the stranger in our living room. Catherine stands off to the side; she knows what's coming and doesn't like it. I take charge and secure the person to a chair, something I've become quite skilled at. Trying to create an intimidating atmosphere, Grandpa opens one of our kitchen drawers - but instead of finding typical utensils, there is an array of tools that can be used for more... aggressive purposes. He turns to me and says, "Erica, it's time for you to run the interrogation. Take your pick." I scan the collection of tools and choose a taser, hammer, blowtorch, and baton. Although I am familiar with these methods, I am hoping not to have to resort to them.

Ben's POV

I watch as Erica begins to grab tools for the interrogation. Catherine sits back in the corner with Alexander. I know from multiple missions with her that she is not a fan of torture. Erica walks over to the person, we still don't know who he is, or why he attacked Mary and Zoe. Erica picks up the baton. She glares icily at the assailant, who shrinks under her gaze. Her voice is rough and it sounds like she means business as she speaks. "Now, what is your name," Erica asked. The person starts trembling in fear. My best guess is that it's a boy, based on his build, but I can't be sure. It's funny how everyone is so confident until they are the ones being questioned. "M..my name is Liam Roberts. I work as a part of a freelance assassin group. I was hired to kill all of you. However, I have no idea who hired me, they remained anonymous."

He looked up at me, hoping that I would show him pity. I immediately looked away instead, not wanting to make this interrogation harder. Cyrus spoke to him. "Is there anything that appeared insignificant but also strange that you saw or heard with this organization that hired you?" Liam thought blankly for a few seconds.  Finally, his eyes widened and he turned to me. It was strange. Of all the people in the room he could have told, he looked at me and spoke. "The method of payment was strange. Generally, assassins get paid through wire transfers to a secure Swiss bank or something similar. However, they wanted to use a bank called MUFG Bank in Washington DC to give me a cash payment." 

Catherine piped up from the back of the room, "It sounds like we're going to MUFG Bank. When are you expected to be paid?" Liam responded. "Tonight." Catherine turned to the rest of us, her eyes gleaming with excitement, "We're going to stake out MUFG Bank! This is our first lead."