Suprise!

Hi everyone, short authors note today! I hope that you all have enjoyed the first chapter I wrote. Here's another!

Erica's POV

I woke up with my head slanted to the side. I turned my head ever so gently and noticed that I was leaning on Ben, who was still fast asleep. Then, I looked down and noticed that my hand was still firmly clutched in his. Hesitantly, I let go of his hand. A tinge of regret washed over me as I wished that I could have stayed with him. A quick glance over my shoulder showed that Zoe was fast asleep, snoring gently. Mike however, was no where to be found. Concerned, I closed my eyes, trying to zone out the noise of the engines and heard the faint sound of him talking. My eyes opened, and I honed onto the sound of his voice. I deduced that he was in the back of the plane. But why was he talking and with who? Curious, I crept to the back, careful not to disturb anyone. He sat in a seat in the back of the plane, talking with someone on the phone. I got there just in time to hear, "I love you so much babe." Babe?!? Was he talking to my sister? I jumped up and snatched the phone from him.

A/N: For those who don't know, or didn't see me original note, you will need context for this to make sense.

The voice in the phone said, "Mike, are you still there?" I gasped in surprise. I recognized that voice. It was someone I knew very well, my sister Trixie. "Hey Trixie," I said. She gasped as well. "Erica?" I responded, trying to mask the surprise in my voice. "Hey sis, how's it going." Trixie responded of course, she was one of the few people I spoke with often. Disregarding what she just said, I told her, "we need to go, but I'll call you later."  She responded, saying, "Ok Erica, love you. But just so you know, Grandma and I will meet you with Cyrus on the tarmac." She hung up without another word.

I immediately turned to Mike, glaring bullets at him. I used my signature "Ice Queen" stare, and he shrunk away from me. I started chewing him out. "Do you have any idea how badly this could go? What if she figures out your a spy? Did you not think about how this puts her in danger? Of course, I knew he hadn't thought about any of this, but I figured I would get the best of the situation anyways. Mike's eyes widened, and he responded, "No wait, now there's two of you! This is totally unfair!" He pointed behind me and my mother stood there, looking just as menacing with hers arms crossed, but still maintaining a motherly look in her face. "Hello Michael" she said, smiling slyly. "I didn't mean to interrupt your fascinating conversation with Erica. Please continue. What were you saying?"

Mike looked between us, trying to figure out who was angrier. Eventually, he gave up and looked at us pleadingly. "I swear, I never intended for this to go far. But I like her, and I don't want to be with anyone else." Catherine sat down and beckoned for me to do the same, but I stayed standing up anyways. Shaking her head, Catherine looked at him and said, "Ok, first question. Do you love my daughter?" Mike nodded slowly. "I think so, I really do. I can't wait to see her, and I think about her constantly." Sternly, Catherine looked at him and said, "I will allow it for now. We are staying at the Hale's family house tonight, and maybe for longer, and you will have to stay in Trixie's room. However, make no mistake. If you decide to break her heart, or cheat, or betray her in any way, you will have the entire hale family coming after your a**. (Should I curse? Let me know!)

Mike nodded, and said: "Ok, can i please go back to my seat?" I finally spoke again, in what felt like a long time. "Yes Mike, you may go back to your seat, but your on thin ice with me, pun intended." I sat back down next to Ben. I couldn't sleep, so I opened my book, titled Han's Book of Modern Day Weaponry and read it until I felt the plane touch down on the tarmac in DC.