Introductions Are In Order

A/N: Hi, I hope you like what I've been posting so far. For those who haven't seen, my profile description has a schedule of the books coming out. I have some plans for more Stuart Gibbs, and another series as well! Feel free to request books! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

A/N #2: Please check the POVs, without checking, some of the context for this chapter won't make sense!

Ben's POV

I breathed a sigh or relief as Erica raced into the second floor headquarters. We had decided to infiltrate without her, much to my dismay. So, when Erica raced in, looking like she was scared for her life, I immediately rushed over to see what happened. Before I could say anything, she huffed, "Ben, are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine. We heard gunshots and decided it was best to infiltrate without you," I responded.

Without another word, Erica walked over to Cyrus and Catherine. "What's the situation?"

Catherine looked at Erica, then at Cyrus. She glared bullets at Cyrus. God, I know where Erica got her signature stare, I thought. "You left my daughter alone to fend for her life? How could you?" Erica walked over to Catherine, placing her hands on her moms shoulder in a surprising display of affection. People rarely saw Erica smile, let alone put her hands on someone if she wasn't practicing martial arts. Erica seemed to be trying to shake the nervousness out of Catherine. "Mom, I'm fine. It really wasn't a big deal," she said. Catherine nodded slowly, trying to believe her daughter. It took a few seconds, but eventually she composed herself. "Your right, I'm letting my feelings get in the way of this. You should just know that I was nervous, and what you did was rash. Regardless, let's get back to the mission. This organization is undoubtedly not going to just let us search one of their bases of operations."

Catherine though for a second, trying to determine the best course of action. "Here's the plan," she eventually said. "Cyrus, take Mike, Zoe, and Trixie. It will be your group's job to secure the second floor. I want Mike and Zoe to work as a pair and you and Trixie as the other pair. Spread out across this floor of the building, and do not let anyone in or out of the building. Call for backup if needed. Understood?" Cyrus nodded gruffly, before turning to the rest of his team. "Are we just going to sit here and have a tea party, or are we actually going to move?" Mike, Trixie, and Zoe ran towards Cyrus, and they all exited the room.

I turned to Erica, Mary, and Catherine. "What are we doing," I asked.

Erica have me one of her signature curious glances. "Isn't it obvious? We're going to search through the information."

Catherine pulled out a sleek silver laptop and plugged it into what looked like the bank database. Information started flooding onto the computer. Strings of coordinates, emails, money amounts, and so much more started to overwhelm us. I groaned in annoyance. There was so much information. All of the information we needed was mixed into the rest of the details shared by the bank. This was going to take hours. But we didn't have that kind of time.

An explosion shook the whole building. It felt like it had came from the third floor emergency exit we had originally used to enter into the building. Mike and Zoe raced into the room we were in. "Cyrus and Trixie are dealing with ten agents. Affiliation is unknown. They say that they don't need backup. Last I checked, Cyrus has knocked out three of them, and Trixie pepper sprayed one, so she is handling herself fine too."

Catherine nodded, obviously concerned. "Check out the explosion on the third floor. Erica, go with them. Mary, Ben, and I can deal with the information."

"I'll go check it out with them mom, " Erica responded.

Zoe's POV

Erica, Mike, and I raced to the stairs. We climbed them as fast, but as quietly as possible. Erica pulled out her gun. She looked at us, saying "You two, go left, I'll go right." Mike gave a thumbs up, trying to be silent. We had reached the end of the stairs. Mike and I turned one way, while Erica turned the other. We ran into a room that smelled like Nitroglycerin. Three men in riot gear with the words, "police" stamped onto them advanced towards us. "God damnit, why do we always get the difficult parts of the mission," Mike mumbled.