002. Clutz

It was greenie day in the glade.
It was never a big event for Mia, but She would always hope for another girl.

She sat in the Med-jack hut, fixing up a small cut on her knee, from tripping. As minho walked in.

"You're back early" She said holding the cotton down onto her knee.

"And you're injured again" He chuckled

"What happend this time curls?" He asked sitting down on the bed.

Elbows resting on his knees.

"Tripped on a rock, after breakfast" She took the bloody cotton off and tossed it in the trash.

"God you're such a clutz, I don't even know how you're a med-jack" He laughed

"I don't know, all i know is i'm pretty shucking good at it" Her white teeth showed through her small smile

"Yes you are curls" His smile slowly faded as he stared at her.

"How you doing?" He asks cautiously.

"I'm all good. I promise." Mias reassuringness plastered on her face

"That's good" His smile re-appeared

"I have to get back to the maze. But i just wanted to check on you, i know you get lonley" He said finally standing up.

"Thanks Minho" She reached for a small bandage, placing it on her cut.

"Anytime" He walked out.

________

Everyone gathered around the box as it rose up.

Huddles surrounded it as boys impatiently waiting.

It had been over a year since Mia came to the glade, Still only having the two friends from the start. But she quiet enjoyed it.

The alarm rang as the boys pulled the crate open.

A boy sat with his hands slightly covering his eyes from the sun.

Mia let out a small sigh. As Chuck stood next to her, he whispered "Maybe next time Mia, don't worry"

"Thanks chuckie" she ruffled his hair

Next thing they knew the boy was sprinting, fast and far away.

Until he fell right on his face and rolled.

"Harsh fall, i might get to talk to him"
Mia chuckled

As he stood up everyone cheered and clapped. This poor boy looked petrified. But they were cheering.

Mia rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, and walking away to sit outside of the Med-Jack hut.

The grass folding underneath her soft steps.
_________

She watched from afar as Alby talked to the greenie, with Newt by his side.

She admired his messy blonde hair, and his chocolate eyes.

As she stared she saw Newt limp away from the group. Her Neutral expression slowly turning into a small frown.

Mia knew about his attempt a while before she came , beacuse she had to help him with any pain he was having in his leg, prior to the injury.

She felt terrible about it, but she knew everyone had their own things, and so did she.

Mia sat criss crossed, as boys walked by her, some slightly acknowledging the fact that she was there.

She was an observer, she watched from afar, not in a creepy way though.

She couldn't stay in the Med-Jack hut all day, waiting for people to come, Plus it was just the builders, who injured themselves, so she often wandered.

As she spotted The new greenie and alby hanging out in the tall building.

they were talking, as the greenie admired the glade.

She remembered when she first came to the glade, She remembers a week after, when she almost died. That was a tough memory for her, every so often she would remember, and would think of it again.

a sigh escaped her lips, and tears started to dwell in her eyes.

"Stop it" She whispered to herself, the thoughts coming back

"Stop" She wiped a small tear running down her cheek, and took a deep breath. Putting on a fake smile. And walking into the Hut.

_________

A/N
really short chapter today!!!
bc i'm on a bus filled with my school mates, 😊