Chapter 19: Another shard

Third Person POV

The Next Day

Lanling Jin Sect

In the opulent chambers of Lanling Jin Sect, Xue Yang found himself confined within the walls of his room.

The air hung heavy with tension as he awaited the arrival of Jin Guangshan, the cunning and manipulative sect leader.

The room itself exuded an aura of opulence, adorned with intricate tapestries and ornate furniture that spoke of the Jin Sect's wealth and power.

As Xue Yang stood by the window, his gaze fixed on the distant horizon, he couldn't help but feel a sense of unease.

Jin Guangshan entered the room, his presence commanding and his eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and satisfaction.

He approached Xue Yang with a calculated stride, his voice dripping with false concern.

"Xue Yang," he began, his tone laced with a hint of superiority.

"Tell me, how did it feel to be in the clutches of the Yiling Patriarch?"

Xue Yang's eyes narrowed, a flicker of resentment crossing his face.

He knew that Jin Guangshan was not truly concerned for his well-being, but rather reveling in the chaos and danger that had befallen him.

"It was a nightmare," Xue Yang replied, his voice tinged with bitterness.

"But I did as you commanded. I infiltrated the Cloud Recesses, pretending to be the Yiling Patriarch, all to steal the Yin Iron."

Jin Guangshan's eyes gleamed with a mix of greed and disappointment. "Ah, the Yin Iron," he mused, his voice filled with longing.

"I had hoped it would hold the resentment energy I could use against the Chief Cultivator. But it seems that the Cloud Recesses have cleansed it of its power."

Xue Yang's lips curled into a sly smile, a glimmer of mischief dancing in his eyes. "There is another Yin Iron," he revealed, his voice low and conspiratorial.

"Hidden deep within the rocky walls of that cave. I felt its potent resentment energy when I was imprisoned there."

Jin Guangshan's expression shifted, a mix of surprise and intrigue crossing his face. "Another Yin Iron?" he repeated, his voice filled with anticipation.

"Tell me more, Xue Yang. Where is this hidden treasure?"

As Xue Yang began to divulge the details of the hidden Yin Iron, Jin Guangyao, silently observing the conversation, clenched his fists in frustration.

Gusu Lan Sect

In the serene back mountain of Cloud Recesses, Xuanyu found solace amidst the lush greenery, surrounded by Wangji's beloved rabbits.

With a gentle smile on his face, he playfully interacted with the adorable creatures, their soft fur tickling his fingertips.

Suddenly, a figure clad in the distinguished robes of a Lan Disciple emerged from the shadows. It was Lan Qionglin, a familiar face and a dear friend to Xuanyu.

"Ge..." Qionglin called out, his voice filled with warmth and familiarity.

Curiosity sparked in Xuanyu's eyes as he turned to face his friend. "A-Ning, what brings you here?" he inquired, genuinely intrigued by the unexpected visit.

Lan Qionglin respectfully bowed before Xuanyu, a gesture of reverence towards his position as the beloved of their Chief. However, Xuanyu's kind-hearted nature shone through as he gently urged his friend to rise. "There's no need to bow to me," he insisted, his voice filled with humility.