Cousin Velvette

Hari popped to Aunt Rosie's garden and stared. Sitting in a chair laughing with said aunt was a demon he had never seen before. She was a bit taller than him but shorter than Rosie, and she had the most amazing dark red and purple hair.

"Hari!" Rosie called, grinning. "How are you, my dearest demonic devilson?"

"Good, my darling cannibalistic devilmother. Who's this? Her eyes aren't nearly black enough to be a resident here."

"This is Velvette, she's the best of the Vees. Vel, this is my devilson Hari."

Velvette looked confused. "Ro, what in Hell is a 'devilson' ?"

"It's basically a godson, but we decided, cause we're in Hell, a devilson would be better. Aunt Rosie, mind if I talk to you for a sec?"

Letting herself be drawn aside, Rosie asked "What's this about, Hades?"

"Velvette? One of the Vees? Like Vox? Whose tower I burnt down? Those Vees?"

"Ah. Don't worry about that, I'm pretty sure the Vees take care of their own business separately, not together. Anyway, she and I go way back."

"You do know she's the biggest influencer in Hell? I didn't think tech was your thing"

"Hari, Hari, Hari... Who do you think taught her how to gossip in the first place?"

Hari's jaw dropped. "You-You-What?!?"

Laughing, the two rejoined Velvette. The three chatted and gossiped for hours, Velvette even gave Hari a phone, telling him to message her whenever. She was instantly added as 'Cousin Velvette'.

Completely unrelated, a photo went viral in Hell after that day. It came from a new account, @OzziesSon. The photo showed: the Queen of Cannibal Town; Rosie, the most chaotic member of the Vees; Velvette, and an unknown young deer demon with hair the same colour as Asmodeus's. All three were grinning sharply and making the victory sign .

___________

Hope you enjoyed! if you haven't seen, i changed a little bit in the Negotiations chapter so now Chosen have to be chosen before they're 14, instead of 10. 

L.L

x