► Chapter 8: A Worry-Free Life

[SHINMA INU]

The name of their team alluded to a wordplay between "Shiba inu" and his pet's name "Shinma":

.......................

The guild was walking through the city, on their way to the dungeons. There was no other way; they had to get the minimum money to pay for the night's rent.

Meanwhile, behind them, walked the canine. Filled with shame.

The guild name pleased him at first, but the longer he remembered it and saw the reaction of his guildmates, he started to dislike it like the rest...

But, still, he didn't want them to change it. He thought it was a nice gesture from his leader's part.

A while ago, they had left the hotel with some things to prepare for battle. At that moment, his owner put a red collar on him, leaving him with a sense of belonging.

To all this, Tenma didn't seem too bothered by everything that was happening. He had gotten used to the situation quite quickly. Going from being human to a dog seemed to not matter much to him.

And this, secretly, was because deep down in his heart, Tenma had always wanted a worry-free life.

Although he would now fight against beasts, he felt that he might reach a point where he wouldn't have to worry about anything, as he would have his guild team to protect him in any case. He could be pampered, petted, and loved, with the security of even going unnoticed.

This was the perfect opportunity for Tenma to achieve the life he had always wanted. Besides, he came to enjoy seeing things from below. The views were better. In every sense.

For now, he had gotten to know his guild members better.

Doris, the glasses-wearing girl carrying a pistol. (Were there pistols in that world too?).

Melman, the sword-wielding boy who had carried him recently. (He had protruding teeth and squinted eyes; his appearance made him laugh).

Gorgon, the muscular man in armor carrying heavy equipment, who had a knife stored in a pocket as his weapon. (He always seemed in good spirits, ready to play or give pettings).

And finally, the guild leader, Eva. The red-haired lady exuded confidence and security above all others. She had a beautiful body and a very pretty face. Tenma was sure she knew very well about those qualities of hers.

For now, Tenma didn't know much about himself. Or at least anything remarkable he could say.

He was a Shiba Inu puppy, not as small as he thought, as he could walk and run well, and he could bite hard if he wanted to (Which got him scolded after biting a shoe). Perhaps his greatest peculiarity would be that he could understand humans, something he had understood that no other animal could do except for him.

These 4 members were part of the "SHINMA INU" guild.

It wasn't long before they reached the city's exit, where it was rumored that under the bridge, monsters were hiding in the sewers. Tenma wasn't entirely scared.

Suddenly, a gold coin ended up falling on the puppy. Tenma shook off the slight blow to the head, looking around to see if someone had lost it.

"Boss, how about we go eat first?"

"If you still have any coins saved, you can go quickly."

Tenma had grabbed the gold coin just then, once again becoming the center of attention of his guildmates.

He ended up struggling, but lost the battle for the coin. They ended up going to a food stall in the end.

Tenma sat on the ground, under the shade of a tree. His boss, who had stayed with him, waiting for their companions to return, stood there, looking around.

Day by day had become more peaceful. Tenma was very grateful for that.

He began to look around, seeing the ambulant stalls, people going out with their families, and a man watching the landscape from his window on a high floor.

With a... Rifle?

A rifle?!

He started barking alarmed to his owner; they had to leave quickly.

But before he could turn to see her, his owner had already lifted him by the scruff, at the level of his head. She held him firmly.

Tenma was confused, and the last thing he saw was the bullet coming straight to his head.

And everything went dark.

-------------------------------------------------

[+50 Advanced Chapters ONLY in my Patreon.]

patreon.com/JoltyBeans

Your contribution means the world to me! ʕ •́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

-------------------------------------------------