► Chapter 11: The Immortal Guardian

"Throw it to the dragon?"

Gorgon held onto the puppy tightly, his nerves getting the better of him. Tenma let out an alarmed bark, trying to break free, but Gorgon didn't let go, meeting his leader's serious and challenging gaze.

"Throw it into the dragon's mouth. Trust me."

The situation was very peculiar.

For the moment, Doris was acting as bait to prevent the rest of the group from being attacked. Clearly, she wasn't enjoying it, growing increasingly tired to the point of throwing her weapon at the dragon's eyes, not even having time to reload. The dragon continued to chase her regardless.

Meanwhile, Melman was still lying on the ground.

"Gorgon, there's no time. You're the only one strong enough to do it. Shinma is immortal; if we confirm this, we can quickly position ourselves as a high-level guild."

"But what good will it do to throw Shinma straight into the dragon's mouth? Even if he doesn't die, are you expecting this puppy to tear it apart from the inside or something?" Gorgon retorted.

After letting out a sigh, he noticed that Shinma had stopped barking.

All the commotion had made him faint. Or possibly the strength with which the muscular man was holding him.

Whatever the case, when he turned around, the leader was already very close to him.

"We'll make the dragon explode from the inside," she said, taking his chin for a moment. And then she kissed him.

Gorgon's mind went into a whirlwind. He couldn't understand a single thing for a few seconds.

Eva, the leader, backed away carefully, wiping her lips.

Then, holding him tightly, Gorgon threw the puppy with great force into the dragon's mouth.

"Over here, you four-legged salamander!"

Eva shouted, making the dragon turn to look at her, and the puppy fell directly into its mouth, swallowing him whole.

.................................................................

.................................................................

Now, even the dragon was confused.

Doris, on the other hand, was catching her breath after running nonstop. She saw how her leader was facing the dragon, having also seen how she made them throw the puppy into the dragon's mouth.

"What did you do? Why did you do that?" The gunner asked from a distance, looking at her leader. "And you, Gorgon, why do you let her kiss you? Weren't you interested in me? Huh? Huh?"

Doris was only upset because her leader had kissed the guy she liked.

The dragon looked at Eva incredulously, swinging its tail at her, which she dodged with a jump.

"Melman, now!"

Her leader's order was heard clearly. Melman, who had been lying on the ground from the dragon's tail strike from the beginning, had managed to hide his presence long enough to crawl towards the pistol Doris had thrown. He threw it to his leader now.

Catching it mid-jump, the leader aimed her weapon at the dragon's mouth. But instead of shooting, she disassembled it.

"My pistol!"

With an essential piece of the pistol in hand, she took advantage of the dragon trying to catch her with its teeth, just as it had with Doris, to throw it directly into its mouth. It swallowed it.

"Now, it should work!" the leader shouted, escaping the dragon's fangs. It tried to go after her again.

But its body began to swell. Belly, arms, eyes. They grew so large that everything burst, a giant rain of organs, blood, and dragon flesh falling everywhere.

Everyone ended up covered in blood. Even Eva.

She walked to the spot where the dragon had exploded and saw the puppy's body, starting to regenerate the destroyed parts little by little.

"Shinma... could be our best weapon," she said, holding the incomplete puppy's body in the air. "We have the only Immortal Shiba Inu in this world!"

Meanwhile, her guildmates gathered, looking stunned and exhausted at the scene.

"What... just happened?" Doris asked, looking at her disassembled and destroyed pistol on the ground, then fainted.

-------------------------------------------------

[+50 Advanced Chapters ONLY in my Patreon.]

patreon.com/JoltyBeans

Your contribution means the world to me! ʕ •́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

-------------------------------------------------