Chapter 22

This is where it's going to start to get dramatic and playful and everything that we all love

awessssooome

xox

………………………………..

I wake up in an empty bunk, the warmth of another body still imprinted on the sheets next to me, I stretch my hand to the side to absorb the warmth left on the blankets from josh, wondering why he isn’t lying next to me. I hear Ashley and Jacks hushed whispers from their bunk across from mine. I slowly roll out of my bunk and put my feet on the ground, stretching my arms upwards. I can hear a lot of voices coming from the front lounge, more than usual at least, so I stand up and slowly draw back the curtain to take a peek and see whats going on.

I look in to see Josh sitting on the sofa, his hands running through his hair slowly, something he does when nervous or stressed, which he doesn't realise but gives my stomach a ridiculous amount of butterflies. Flyzik sits next to him, his hands feeling the stubble on his face, his eyebrows creased together in thought.

Alex across from them, his posture stiff and the whites of his knuckles showing as they curl into a fist, Flyzik and Josh oblivious to this. Alex looks up to see me and he goes pale, I send him a confused expression before I spot another figure in the room. Emily sits across from them, her legs crossed and her arms folded, a blank expression on her face, I suddenly feel nauseous and faint, the memory of what happened last time I saw her flooding back to me. She looks over to where the guys are looking and spots me, a smirk forming on her face before Alex looks towards her and it goes blank once again. Alex rolls his eyes when she looks away from him. I walk in, making my presence known. Josh stands up, taking my shaking hand, before sitting down and placing me on top of his lap, he frowns at how I am shaking and I just mouth ‘cold’ at him, he accepts it as a truthful answer. I look over to Emily who sends a glare in my direction, I try to control my nerves, willing my hands to stop shaking, stop showing any weakness in front of her.

“Emily has come because the fans and media are suspicious of your appearances together, without her. Rumours are going around and she thinks it would be better to spend the day with josh in public, seeing fans and just generally appearing as a couple. Is that okay?” Flyzik asks as he makes toast, Emily nodding along and smiling for everyone watching her. She turns to me.

“We didn’t want to wake you, sorry. If it’s not okay you can always say.” She smiles brightly at me. Alex stands up and leaves the room, as he sees this, muttering to himself. I send back Emily’s smile, making it known to her that she doesn’t faze me, I realise my hands and body are completely still, no more shaking, no more weakness.

“Yeah that’s totally fine.” I answer as Josh wraps his arms around my waste, squeezing me gently, I relax in his arms, feeling his warmth, wishing we were back in my bunk alone together more than anything. 

“Urm, that also includes Green Day as well, there’s going to be so much press coverage, I just think it would be better if we went… I mean if you really disagree, then you and Josh could definitely go, but you know how that might look…” She says, her speech trailing off.

“No that’s fine, It’s Josh’s present anyway, It’s for him to enjoy.” I smile back, ignoring the instense tension between us that no one else has noticed. I fight off the feeling of wanting to tear her apart and shift my weight slightly. She nods and leans back on the sofa, relaxing. Matt comes over and hands me toast before Josh turns me to face him.

“If you want us to spend the evening together, that’s also fine, Green Day or no Green Day. A night in here with you is just as good.” He says reassuringly to me, also shooting a look at Emily. Wanting her to know that he has a say as well. I shake my head at Josh.