Chapter 10

……………………………….

JOSHS POV

My lips tenderly brush against jess’, My hands slide down her back, balancing her and pulling her tightly towards me. She became my girlfriend yesterday and It was all I could do to not scream about to the band, but I’ve seen so many relationships fail due to public scrutiny and I have no idea if jess would want to be public about us or not. Plus max wouldn’t be able to keep a secret if his life depended on it, bless him.  I feel Jess’ warm breath against my neck and it tingles. My head goes wild when I’m around her, the feeling in my stomach when I see her enter a room. And the feeling she leaves on my skin when she accidently brushes against me, could drive someone mad. I get to call her mine now, something that is surreal to me, the fact that this perfect human being who’s ridiculously out of my league is with me. I can’t imagine what this tour would have been like without her so far. Her blue eyes flick up to mine, as she wraps her arms around my neck, I’m about to go on stage and we’re in a hidden corner back stage away from everyone. I wish more than anything we could stay in this moment forever, hidden from everyone, just wrapped in each other’s arms.

“Jess, I have something to ask of you” I say to her nervously, her lips part and she begins to speak.

“shoot”

“I was wondering, you can say no if you want, but I was wondering if you would like to sing always attract on stage with us tonight? I would love for you to be on stage with me and the guys, so that the crowd can see how amazing you are, I think it would really add to our set an-“

“Of course I will” She replies, cutting my rambling off, she leans forwards and kisses me softly before we emerge out into the open and I run over to eric to deliver the good news, we had been planning this for a while.

I’m pushed onto the stage by the other guys, and I turn around one last time to catch a glimpse of Jess, with her eyes meeting mine, reassuring me and putting my nerves at bay, making me ready to greet the crowd.

JESS POV

I watch him as he anxiously walks on stage, glancing back at him. I smile back hiding the chaos that’s erupting inside my head. My hands shake with nerves as I realise I will be singing in from of a crowd of 2000 in less than 15 minutes, what if I fuck up? What if I disappoint Josh? No I can’t think like that. I’m dragged off by eric to be given to the resident vocal coach for a quick warm up and before I know it they finish the swarm and Josh begins to introduce loverboy…

“You are looking good tonight new York! The next song is one that I wrote when I was pretty young and  thought I was in love, It’s one of your favourites and I want to invite a special guest on to sing it with me. She’s an amazingly talented singer who is recently signed and more importantly she is you me at six’s new bestfriend, we’re so glad to have her touring with us. So please welcome Jess Walker to the stage!” Josh’s voice rings out and my feet take me forward onto the stage, I’m instantly aware of my appearance. My long black hair is hung loose over my shoulders, pouring down to my hips, I’m wearing a drop dead tshirt and black skinny jeans, white all star converse, I have 6 friendship bracelets on and a fresh face of makeup. Max gives me a wink and urges me forward and I walk towards josh and stand in front of the microphone, the crowd cheers and a few call out my name, recognising me from the guys twitters or the virgin record page. The music then starts. I sing through the song with josh, my confidence growing as I do, josh turns and sings towards me, his eyes locked on mine, meaning every word. He then stops singing suddenly, making me do the last verse alone, he joins in on the last line and the song finishes and the crowd goes wild with cheers and clapping. Josh pulls me into a hug, whispering “you did amazing” In my ear. I kiss his cheek and wink at him, making the crowd cheer louder. I skip off stage and wait for them to finish their set, they come off stage and crowd around me.

“Jess you were great! You should become a part of our set” Max shouts over the screaming fans, soon enough they are dragged back out for the encore. I take Max’s guitars and put them away after he’s started using his final one, before putting all the wires back and preparing to clean up. The guys come off stage and I pack everything away along with Jack and Lily. Eric gathers us together and lets us know that the next month and a bit we will be staying in New York as the festival which we were supposed to be doing next has been pushed back due to production problems. We’ll be staying in flats of our choice and that during tonight we should give thought as to who we’ll be staying with. 4 people per apartment. After he says that we grab our things and head out to party. We enter a dimly lit club, very expensive, exclusive and busy. I head over to the bar and order a drink. I hear a laugh erupt and see Emily across the bar, she looks up from the tall brunette male and makes eye contact with me. Shit, she’s back. I flick my eyes to the male and see she is standing with Josh who is waving Lily off, we might be staying here but she travels with a company and techs other bands drums too, so we’ll catch up with her at the festival. I turn away from Emily, trying not to think back to our last exchange of words where she threatened me over Josh. I merge into the crowd and sink into the party atmosphere.

……………………………….

This is really short; sorry! It's just a good place to end the chapter and it's more of a filler and getting to see Josh's side of things:) I'm about to write the next few chapters so :3