Chapter 10

"Who said I was weak?" Nyx asked.

I saw the window and took it. "Well, you talk too much in a fight." I say. "At least you lower their defenses that way."

I swiped her feet from underneath her, and I grabbed her shirt so she didn't hit her head off the floor. "Which that is also your weakness. You lower their defenses, but you also lower yours."

"You bitch!" She swiped my feet from underneath me and she has the hidden blade at my neck.

"Nice. You... if Zain knew you before and was in this universe, he would've recruited you." I say to her.

"Huh? Recruit?"

"Yeah, you're... well, it feels like I'm you just... rebirthed."

"Huh, that could be why I can sense something similar between us."

So I wasn't the only one who had sensed it.

"Could be. But by the way, you have said, "I would always protect you. no one can even touch your shadow. they die even before they come anywhere near you. I will give them the tortuous death they deserve," that it was Erebus that had told you that. But there's something off, though." I say. It's almost like going into a lecture. "You're current vibe... isn't yours. It's like it's like taken by someone else who has taken control of your body. Which is why you lose consciousness when you use your powers."

"My powers?"

She doesn't know her own powers.

"I'll help you out with your powers." I say.