Chapter 8

I saw Erebus. He is so protective over Nyx. I wonder why he is protective over her. But, daymn, Erebus is so fucking hot here. I got kicked back out.

"Erebus, what was he doing, and why was Erebus so very protective of her?" I asked myself.

"Who's Erebus?" Asked Nyx.

"You don't know who Erebus is?"

"No, but it seems like past memories keep coming through and coming back."

Is my training working?

"What do you mean "coming back"?"

Nyx sits up properly. "Someone is coming."

I feel the hairs on the back of my neck and on my arms stand up on end. I froze and saw about two-to-three people standing with their backs to me.

When did they get in front of me?! Wait- why, can I not move?! I was able to move before! Was it when they entered?!

I see one of the three men having Nyx around the throat.

"Let go of her." Says Dan calmly.

"Or what, kid?"

He ran inhumanly, and he plunged his hand into one of the men.

"That will happen. Either you let her go, or your heads will roll on the floor. Actually, no, I'll feed you to the hyenas alive."

They let go of Nyx, and she rubbed her throat. I am also able to move, which Dan was able to sense. I ran at one of the men, and I dug my nails into his back, and I pulled him close so I could bite into his neck. In one quick movement, Dan saw an axe and decapitated the other man. Blood squirted out of the neck like someone had punctured holes into a water balloon or in a hose pipe.

"Are you alright, Nyx?!" I asked. "How's your throat?!"

"Been through worse, darling." She replied, her breath wheezy.

"Yeah, sounds like it." I say. I hover my hand over her throat. "Don't worry. It's not seriously injured. It'll heal over time." I tell her. "If you want to talk, write it down."

"Why?" She says, her breath wheezy.

Someone thinks she's going to be the most powerful. She is, they're right. But they got to go through the remaining members of the Hellfire, and now the one and only member of Hellraiser.

Both me and Nyx stand up at the same time. We both walk out of the room. I look back, and I see Dan sucking on the corpses body for their blood.

"He's going through a spiralling depression." I say.

"He'll be alright, Nikki." Says Nyx. "He has a strong mother. That mother is you."

I stand there smiling, and by the way Nyx had reacted, I had hugged her. I pulled back and apologised.