Chapter 10

''Why are you asking me this anyways?'' Sara said, her voice barely audible.

The woman's lips curled into a small smile. ''Because I see something in you'' she replied. ''Something different. You have a fire, a passion. It's rare''.

She reached out, her hand gently touching Sara's neck, she brushed her fingers softly against her skin before taking her neck in a delicate grasp. The sensation sendt a shiver down Sara's spine, a mix of fear and excitement swirling in her.

Just as Sara was about to open her mouth to speak, she heard voices nearby. The sound startled her, making her jump, pulling away from the woman's touch. The woman remained calm, her eyes flicking in the direction of the voices.

''It's okay'' she said softly, her hand lingering near Sara's. ''Just a couple off people passing by''.

Sara took a deep breath, trying to steady her heartbeat. The noice gradually faded away as the people moved on. The park returned to it's silence, but the moment between the two women had shifted, the tension now ledged with a sense of urgency.

The woman leaned in closer, her voice barely above a whisper. ''You need to decide what you want'' she muttered.

The tension growing thicker, Sara's eyes locked onto the woman's lips as they moved closer to hers. The anticipation was almost unbearable. Her heart was racing as she leaned in, closing the distance between them.

Just as she could feel the mystery woman's breath on her skin, the voices from the same people from before, once again echoed through the park. The women both froze, the spell now broken. The mystery woman's eyes flicked towards the source off the noice.

''Damn it'' she muttered under her breath, her gaze snapping back to Sara. For a moment she could see a flicker of something - perhaps impatience – in the woman's eyes.

The noice from the people grew even louder, accompanied by the sounds off footprints approaching. As she looked towards the source off the noice, Sara suddenly recognized the familier voices. 

It was Eve and Bill. Panick seized her.

''Its Eve and Bill'' Sara whispered in disbelief as she quickly stood up, taking the woman's arm in her hand trying to drag both off them out off there.

''It's okay'' the woman answers in a lazy, but amused tone, before she followed Sara. Realizing that she wouldn't give up. 

They both started moving quickly. As they hurried through the park, the woman led Sara to a more secluded path. Her grip on Sara's hand firm. ''Follow me'' she said, with an amused smirk on her face.

They navigate through the trees, the dim light of the park casting long shadows. Sara could still hear Eve and Bill, but their voices was starting to fade as she put more distance between them.

Finally the woman stopped behind a big oak tree, pulling Sara close to her. She released her hand and cupped her face, her touch gentle but intense.

''That was close'' she murmured.

The adrenaline from the close call mixed in with the unresolved tensions between them. 

The mystery woman's eyes was locked onto Sara's, her gaze intense.

Driven by the rush off feelings going through her mind and heart, Sara stood up on her toes and pressed her lips against the woman's.

The kiss was electric, igniting a spark that seemed to burn through the fear and uncertainty. The woman responded immediately, her arms wrapped around Sara, pulling her closer. The world around them faded away, leaving only the intensity of the moment.

After what felt like an eternity and yet only a fleeting second, the woman pulled back slightly, her eyes searching Sara's. Sara looked up at the woman, and was met with the familiar, confident smirk.

''Bold move'' she whispered.

Sara could hardly catch her breath, the thrill off the kiss still coursing through her.

The woman once again leaned in, her lips brushing against Sara's ear as she whispered. 

''But you should be careful''.

Sara pulled away once again from the woman in front off her as the reality off the situation daunted onto her. Glancing at the woman in front of her Sara couldn't do anything but turn around, her heart pounding as she made her way out off the park alone.

After what felt like an eternity she finally reached the edge off the park. Slowing down, Sara tried to compose herself before stepping onto the sidewalk. The city light flickered around her as she made her way towards her apartment, casting nervous glanced over her shoulder.

When she finally reached her building, she rushed inside, quickly locking the door behind her. 

Leaning against the door, as she tried to calm down, a sudden realization hit her. She reached into her pockets, searching for her phone.

 Only to find it missing.