|013| Drowning in alcohol

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

TW:  Child Abuse. Alcoholism. A bit of Violence 

{Following Saanvi}

After hanging up on Mia, she laid her phone on the bed's mattress, sighing in exhaustion, then threw herself on her bed to aimlessly gaze at the ceiling for a  while.

Usually Mia would always be willing to hang out with her, whether that would be going to the mall, or just walking Mylo around the neighborhood, so getting turned down was disappointing but Saanvi couldn't be too upset with her because things were different now. However, she still couldn't help worrying over her best friend.

Who knows what emotions Mia could be going through right now?

Anger? depression? denial?

She didn't even know how to feel either.

It's been 5 days and still, none of it felt real.

The morning of that terrible day, It was like any other. She woke up at 6 am like she usually did, making sure not to wake up her mother, and walked over to Mia's house.

They sat at the kitchen counter to have breakfast, while Rosa did her hair. They talked, laughed and giggled, completely unaware that moment would be the last time they would see her alive.

It was a day like any other

Funny enough, Sannvi found out about Rosa's death through a social media post on the usual bus ride to Mia's house during her daily doom scroll on Twitter. She saw a tweet talking about the recent news and at first, she thought it was some sick joke made by some sick person on the internet, but after confirming it, she was the one that was left feeling sick.

She hasn't opened Twitter since then, with the app serving as a constant reminder that she'd never get to see the lovely woman that treated her more like a daughter than her real mother ever did.

The memories of Rosa flooded her mind like a violent wave. Some of them were good, like when they went to the park during the summer of 8th grade and made each other bracelets out of the flowers they could find. And some of them were bad, like all the times she's slept at their house after another argument with her mom about getting her into rehab. Rosa would cradle her in her arms, letting her cry as much as she wanted while Mia listened to her problems.

Whether good or bad, they were still memories of a time that will never come again and she will forever cherish every single one of them.

Coming to terms with reality has been hard for her, so she can only imagine how things must be for Mia. Losing both parents at such young ages.

"Maybe I should go check on her anyway," Saanvi thought to herself. Mia said she was fine, but knowing her habit of hiding the truth to not worry others, she wondered how true this statement could be. "Yeah. I should go comfort her".

Saanvi got up, grabbed her messenger bag and stuffed her phone, sunscreen, and wallet into it, hoping to convince Mia to go to the mall with her to help take her mind off things.

When it was time to head downstairs, she braced herself for the descent, making sure to go down quietly and fast for two reasons: firstly, to get to Mia as soon as possible and secondly, to not alert the woman.

She walked through the living room that was littered with dirt, half-empty bottles of alcohol, cigarette buds and crinkled-up soda cans, trying her best to not step on any junk so she could go by unnoticed, but failed just as she was halfway to the door. "S...saanv.." a tired female's voice said. A voice she recognized as her very intoxicated mother.