Chapter 8- Ryomen Sukuna

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

~after a day~

Darren POV:

I sat down next to Yuta who was smiling at me.

Darren: Is it necessary to find that hidden finger by myself?

Yuta: Well, of course, it is. This is the strongest sorcerer's finger that we are talking about. Besides, I think you've grown enough as a sorcerer to take this mission yourself.

Darren: Hah? That sounds annoying, to set up a curtain and all that, besides, are curtains essential? It's not like they can see Jujutsu or anything, much less see cursed spirits.

Yuta just chuckled a little before smiling.

Yuta: Of course it matters, I don't want to justify or lecture you, but... as a Jujutsu Sorcerer, we have a lot more responsibilities than just proving our existence to others. We're not heroes of justice or whatever, but, I don't want you to think of this as a burden.

I sighed a bit again before groaning.

Darren: It's such a pain looking out for the weak.

Yuta: Don't say that, Darren, right now, everyone you love is weak, right? Tohka, Shiori and Kotori. Yet your desire to protect and look out for them is that strong. Your strength should be used to protect the ones you love.

Darren Finding purpose in jujutsu, is that what you are saying?

Yuta: Self-affirmation is a good thing, you know. You shouldn't use your great strength and talent, for your own sake. If you have friends treasure them for your own sake.

I groaned again before leaning into the table further.

Darren: What's the use of Jujutsu if it's not for your own sake? I don't understand your logic.

Yuta: Think about it like this, would you rather use your strength to make the girls you love cry? Or see them smile and use it for their benefit? You're the only membrane of Gojo-Sensei left.

Yuta slid a small box at me before I grabbed it and stared at it.

Darren: What's this for?

Yuta: It's your mother's wedding ring since she passed, she said to do whatever you want with it. I'm giving it to her son.

Darren: I see... you're a good person, Yuta-Sensei.

Yuta: Good person? Haven't heard that in a while.

I took the box and stared at the ring inside.