Chapter 1- April 10th The Birth Of A Monarch

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I adjusted my hair in the mirror before walking out of the room and sat down on the couch next to Kotori. I turned on the TV as it started to play the news while Shiori was cooking breakfast for us.

Reporter: Early this morning, a small spacequake occurred on the outskirts of Tengu City. Only minor damage was done to the area, and there have been no reported injuries.

I walked towards Shiori and held her hand while cracking some eggs.

Darren: Need a hand?

She quickly blushed before looking away.

Shiori: N-No...

I grinned a bit before staring at her through my sunglasses.

Darren: I can see through lies, you know.

I placed the pan on the stove before sighing.

Darren: Another Spacequake? Man, this is getting annoying, since it's getting nearby as well. I wonder if they're appearing nearby because of my devilish looks~

I was smacked on the back of the head by Shiori who sighed.

Shiori: Get your ego in check.

Darren: Sorry, Shi-Chan~

I smiled a bit while she blushed before we finished making slices of bacon and eggs along with some toast.

Darren: Haven't they been happening a lot lately?

Shiori: Sure have.

Kotori: We might have to move up the schedule.

Shiori suddenly rushed towards Kotori and saw the lollipop in her mouth.

Shiori: Hey! We're about to have breakfast, you know.

I slowly walked towards the pantry and took out a packet of Oreos before munching on them.

Shiori: YOU TOO!!! DARREN!!!

Shiori tried to take the lollipop out of Kotori's mouth before she eventually gave up and sighed.

Shiori: Make sure you two eat all of your breakfasts too.

I smiled and gave her a salute.

Darren: Of course, I love you, Onee-Chan.

This just made Shiori blush again before I sat down on my seat and ate my Oreos with breakfast. I looked out the window, feeling like someone was watching me before I spotted someone wearing something like a red gothic dress before she disappeared.

Darren: Hey... am I hallucinating?

Shiori: Hmm? What happened?

Darren: Nothing, I was just hallucinating I guess.

I slowly ate my breakfast while placing the Oreos on the counter. I spaced out when Shiori and Kotori were talking about lunch as I sighed.

Darren: (Things are happening a lot frequently now. Like those Spacequakes.)

I looked at my phone before closing it and Shiori along with Kotori dragged my arms.

Shiori: You're gonna be late.

Darren: Wait, my Oreos!!!

Shiori stuffed a piece of toast in my mouth before I got up and walked alongside them towards Danny's diner.