Chapter 13- Frozen Ground

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I got rageful before staring into her eyes.

Darren: But Tohka can't start a Spacequake or go rampaging anymore!

Origami: It's true that her spirit powers are gone. But since we don't know the reason, we have to prepare for the worst. You should know this, right?

I sighed before staring at the floor.

Darren: Is there nothing that I can say that will convince you, Origami? They're not causing Spacequakes on purpose!

Origami got alerted before my Spider-Senses started to tingle which made us stare at each other with hostility.

Origami: Why do you know that?! I want to ask you a question. During my operation... I'm sure you were... What are you?

I touched my own heart while a wave of darkness overflowed me.

Darren: Origami, have you ever talked to a Spirit?

Origami: It's unnecessary.

Darren: Kura and I have, we're Jujutsu Sorcerers. Not with just Tohka, but with Yoshino- the one you all call "Hermit" too.

Origami: It's extremely dangerous. You must stop.

Darren: Just a little is enough. When they come, please talk to them! I don't care if you want to follow or not, of course, I know that there are spirits with bad intentions. But, Tohka and Yoshino are different, I'm not saying this because I care for them!  Maybe I am biased towards them, but they are still very nice people. Kura wants to save Yoshino, so as his best friend, I have to help him.

I breathed in before calming down and stared at Origami through my sunglasses again.

Darren: You're also a nice person, Origami! Nobody is truly evil, we just walk this path that we decided on, it's essential for us to know a purpose in life, so why does it have to be this way?!

Origami: There's nothing we can do about that.

Darren: Huh?

Origami: Don't make me repeat myself, I said-

Darren: I heard you the first time, that's why I said huh?

I gritted my teeth before clenching my fists again.

Origami: Even if you are right and "The Hermit" is not aggressive, there will still be more spacequakes.

Her phone started to with a spacequake alarm quickly following after that.

Origami: A mission! You should hurry to a shelter.

I stood up and started at her with an arrogant expression.

Darren: Hey, Origami, one last question.

She stared at me with that same emotionless expression before I pointed at her.

Darren: If, like Tohka, a Spirit loses her powers, you wouldn't attack her, right?

Origami: It is not what I desire, but I cannot ignore the orders of my superiors and act on my own accord.

I snickered a bit before slapping a band on my wrist.

Darren: Thanks. That's all I wanted to hear.

Origami took her phone and walked into her room before I tapped on the wristband and my suit appeared out of the watch.