Chapter 14- Arise

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I slowly awoke to Kiriya's throne room before I rubbed my head.

Darren: What are you doing here? Seeing your face just pisses me off even more.

Kiriya just simply laughed before staring down at me.

Kiriya: Haha, before you do anything, do not forget to fulfil the promise that you have to me.

Darren: Hah? What promise did I-

I suddenly started to choke before Kiriya released me.

Kiriya: Head south of the Train Station, one of my tests will be waiting for you if you can bypass this test. you can unlock a part of my powers.

Darren: Who the hell wants your powers?

Kiriya: Do not forget what you are, you are a monster, born to rule and destroy everything. Devour me as you get stronger.

I just gritted my teeth before staring at him in the eyes.

Darren: Give me the location! I'll surpass this test of yours or whatever!

Kiriya just grinned before leaning his head against his knuckles.

Kiriya: South of Tengu Train Station.

The moment I woke up, I packed my suit before swinging towards the train station and stood in front of the subway.

Darren: There's nothing there.

My mind suddenly flashed before my mouth moved on its own.

Darren: Arise.

Gate: Darren Itsuka, Kiriya, confirmed. Species, Monarch, Human, Unknown, confirmed. Entrance allowed.

A door appeared in front of me and my mouth gasped open. I slowly walked into the place and my eyes widened at the sight.

Darren: (This place seems normal so far.)

I tried to use my limitless cursed technique before it was like cursed energy disappeared.

Darren: (What the hell is this?)

I breathed in before I wore my suit and took out my katana from my shadows.

Darren: (So I can still use my webbing and the other stuff, just no techniques... I see...)

I heard footsteps towards me as I stared at the incoming knight-like creature.

Darren: (What the hell is that thing?)

A screen appeared in front of me again as I sighed.

Mission:

Defeat all of the enemies in the dungeon and then defeat the boss once completed, job change shall be activated.

Darren: (Job change? The hell does that even mean?)

Kiriya: (It's to prepare you for what's about to come, don't lose sight now. Sorcerer, actually, can I even call you a sorcerer after this?)

I readied my battle position before rushing towards the knight and slashing at it. The knight seemed unscathed before I widened my mouth.

Darren: No way, right?