Inherited Curses

Jujutsu High, Tokyo

(Y/n):sorry but...it seems my body won't move for me anymore.

Panda:huh? (Y/n) what're you talking about?

Maki started remembering the recent hug she'd given him and something she heard, or rather, what she didn't hear

Maki:your heart...I wasn't imagining it then, it's not beating.

(Y/n) grunted in acknowledgement

(Y/n):The pact I forced upon myself required a heavy sacrifice, the little cursed energy I still have is acting in place of a pulse.

Yuta:a pact...? What are those?

Satoru sighed as he glanced at his younger brother

Satoru:They're contracts sorcerers can make with others usually, when placed upon one's self they're unpredictable with the cost in acquiring the reverse cursed technique. Former members of our clan have tried the same method and it only worked one other time. High cost pacts are nearly impossible to undo, especially on a time crunch.

A gentle gust of wind began blowing through the forest as (y/n)'s hair started covering his right eye for a brief instance

(Y/n):...Even so, I have no regrets doing it. The past fifteen years of my were...well, the few months I spent with you all made those long years of solitude more than worth it. There's some things I'd like to get off my chest if I'm really punching out now...

His eyes shifted to panda

(Y/n):Panda I...Sorry about our first fight, I overdid it so I hope there's...no hard feelings. I've always enjoyed our talks, even the short ones.

Panda:yeah, yeah don't mention it.

He looked to Inumaki who couldn't bear to look him in the eye

(Y/n):Toge, Thank you for being the first one to welcome me wholeheartedly into our class. It...meant a lot to me.

Inumaki audibly sniffled

Inumaki:...S-Salmon.

(Y/n) shifted his eyes to Satoru

(Y/n):Brother...try to take it easy on Nanami and Utahime.

Satoru remained stone faced as (y/n) looked at Yuta

(Y/n):I'm glad I met you Yuta, thanks for having my back, best buddy.

Yuta:(Y/n) you...you can't die too...

Yuta clenched his fists, he'd be losing two people he cared about today and there's nothing he could do to stop it

(Y/n)'s eyes finally drifted to maki

(Y/n):Maki I...looks like I won't be able to look after you anymore.

A small smile graced his lips

(Y/n):thanks for never treating me different from anyone else, it was a welcomed experience.

Maki gripped her sleeve around her elbow