Hide & Seek

Y/N's body froze in terror and his heart stopped for a brief moment when he looked ahead and got a better view of the shadowy figure. It makes its way closer to him until he was met with a girl. She was wearing a familiar black dress with black boots. She had a sinister grin on her face and her arctic blue eyes were fixated on Y/N. She then started giggling manically, startling Y/N as he gripped his machete more firmly.

Y/N: Stay back!Eveline: Surprise! Did you miss me, daddy? I sure missed you! I told you, I wasn't done with you and now it's time to play!

Y/N: Stay back!
Eveline: Surprise! Did you miss me, daddy? I sure missed you! I told you, I wasn't done with you and now it's time to play!

Eveline starts summoning mold monsters that start chasing Y/N. Mold branches start emerging from the ground beneath them. He tries to flee as fast as he could but the branches are just inches from piercing his legs. One millisecond of exhaustion and it would be game over for him.

Eveline: 🎶 Don't let me catch yooooooouuu🎶!
Y/N: What do you want from me?! I've done nothing to hurt you Eveline! Please, stop!
Eveline: No but you didn't accept my deal that I made for you!
Y/N: I'm sorry, Evie but I'm not father material! You need help!
Eveline: Then accept my deal! Accept my GIFT!
Y/N: (Thinking) What gift?

As the branches close in on him, one of the mold monsters lunges at him. Fortunately, he's able to subdue that threat by blowing its brains to pieces with his revolver. He sees another house straight ahead, this time it resembled the Baker's home he was stuck in with Ethan.

Eveline: I like a good game of hide & seek! I guess you're IT then! HAHAHA!
Y/N: Please leave me alone!
Eveline: NEVER!

He quickly kicks the front door down and the mold seemingly disappears from his sight. When he enters the house, it looks exactly as dilapidated as when he came with Ethan to rescue his wife. There was mold growing on the walls, leftover food from last night's supper, rotting human carcasses lying near the fridge and a repulsive smell of garbage and blood. Before he could move to the next room, the branches emerge from the wooden floor and ensnare his whole body. Eveline then appears like she just teleported into the living room.

Y/N: (Squirming) STOP IT NO PLEASE PLEASE!

She walks up to Y/N and pulls him into a hug. Her whole life she was treated like a lab rat with no sense of morals or compassion that was ever shown to her. She always yearned for a family and to be loved like any daughter would want in her life. She felt like she was cheated out of that happiness and is extremely determined to fulfill it. Despite her bloodthirsty bratty personality, it was all to mask the traumatized girl she was. She was oblivious to the evil she has committed because she was never taught right from wrong by the sick animals who held her captive. She got to hold her new adoptive father for the first time. It gave her a sense of comfort but she knew she was gonna have to take him by force.

Eveline: We'll be together...forever. We won't have to worry about anyone coming to hurt us ever again. We can be a big happy family.
Y/N: Eveline I do care for you but you can't force someone to be part of your family. It's wrong!
Eveline: Why...NOT?!
Y/N: Have you ever been told something you had to do but you didn't want to do it?
Eveline: My whole life, basically.
Y/N: And how did that make you feel?
Eveline: Hurt, sad, betray!
Y/N: Right, that's what you made others feel when you do what you do!
Eveline: (Sobbing) I...just wanted a family! I just wanted to know what it feels to be loved! Those people in the lab...the things they did to me...I cried every night that I wanted to see my family again! But they just wouldn't listen!
Y/N: (Pats her head) I'm sorry, Evie...you didn't deserve anything that they put you through.