Khushi's feelings

For the past few days, Khushi has been very busy with Payal and Akash's wedding preparations... Since Shashi was sick, Garima was occupied with taking care of him and managing his doctor's appointments.. Payal, the bride, was also busy with her own preparations and helping Shashi and Garima, while feeling a bit sad about leaving home... She was getting emotional with everything; every preparation was making her nostalgic about her and Akash's love story or about her childhood with Khushi or her parents. So, her family were trying to keep her away from the preparation and as a result, most of the wedding arrangements fell on Khushi's shoulders... Although she was getting help from professionals this time, she realized that organizing a wedding was not an easy task.. She was trying her best, and to make sure everything went smoothly, she was not going to the office regularly...

Tonight, the Guptas had arranged a dinner at their home to discuss about some wedding arrangements with groom sides of the family.. Akash and his family arrived first. Greeting everyone, they all settled in, but there was no sign of the Raizadas yet..

Khushi was getting a little impatient and kept looking at the door every now and then... Soon, the Raizada family also joined them, except for a certain Raizada Khushi was waiting for without her knowledge..

As everyone settled in, Shashi asked, 'Where is Arnav? I don't see him here..'

'Yes, where is Arnav? Once he comes, we will serve the dinner..' Garima added, looking at Ratna..

Khushi, who had been arranging some plates in the table, suddenly looked up, her eyes scanning the room for Arnav..

Ratna sighed softly.. 'He will not be coming. These days, Chote is very busy managing his company and GR... He's still at the office.'

'Hello hi, bye bye..' added Manorama, shaking her head. 'Nowadays, we hardly see Arnav betuwa at home. Whenever I visit jiji, he's always working..'

Ratna seemed very sad, 'feel bad for him,'she said, her voice tinged with motherly concern...

'I asked him to come home early but he is stubborn to be on top of everything..' Adarsh said shaking his head..

'After all he is your son..' Shasi said with a chuckle..

Ratna went near Khushi, giving her a hug sat in the dining hall and said in a sad voice, ' Do you know Khushi,my Chote is different.. He never complains, even in tough situations. He takes on so much responsibility, and sometimes I worry he carries too much on his shoulders..'

Khushi felt a pang of empathy as she listened. Ratna continued, 'He is really working hard to make his father proud.. I just hope my child doesn't get sick in this process.. He doesn't even care about his food or sleep nowadays. Yesterday, he was in the study room all night, and I found him sleeping there this morning.. He is really stubborn like his dad..'

'He works so hard.. ' Khushi said softly, her voice filled with emotion. 'It's not fair that he has to carry so much alone..'

Ratna nodded, her eyes moist, 'Yes, it's not fair. But he's always been like this, taking care of everyone and everything. I just wish he would take care of himself too..He's really worried about Adarsh ji, ' Ratna said, her voice softening.. 'Arnav is afraid that his father might get sick like Shashi bhaisaab , so he's taking care of everything to keep the stress off him.. He is trying hard to make GR function well, he has commitments towards his company too, so can't neglect it either..My poor child..'

Ratna sighed deeply and looked at Khushi, who had a very sad expression on her face, Ratna smiled gently.. 'You are feeling bad for him, don't you? 'she asked, her voice filled with understanding..

Khushi felt strange as she realized she was feeling the same pain as Ratna, feeling for the same man.. Her heart ached for Arnav's struggles and she wanted to do something to help him but why is she fighting with her emotions for Arnav, aren't they meant to be broken.. There relationship is fake after all?!?!