꧁༺ 𝓒𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓵 ༻꧂

Thanks for beta-reading, Aster, my precious >:))) <333

≋*≋*≋*≋

"Archery lessons? Since when were you interested in learning how to use a bow"

Himari was lying on her bed with a magazine in her hand. She lowered it slightly, to see your face right behind the reading material. Your mother was still on bed rest but working from home for the next few days.

"Daryl Dixon from 'The Running Dead' and Legolas from 'The Lord Of The Onion Rings' use one and because I'm their betrothed, I must learn how to use it also!"

"Wait—Aren't they, like, way older than you?"

"Yes, and?"

.

.

.

.

"You truly are my daughter"

She patted your head with what seemed like a proud smile on her face. "—You can attend lessons, but find one with a hot teacher so I have a reason to come and see you" Himari ended, going back to her magazine.

Even when she is sick—

SHE IS STILL SUCH A HOE?!

Leaving her bedroom, you went back to yours to get ready in search of an archery dojo.

"How did you come up with a bow being your weapon anyway?" Drakkar asked as he lay down on your bed flipping through channels on your TV, his other hand down a bag of chips.

As you were fixing your hair, your head ran back to the clearing where you had exorcised the curse. Once the dove had swooped down, you remembered you were unable to keep your eyes off it. The way it pierced through the vastness with elegance and divine power.

You recall your gaze following the bird as it arched upwards, carving a smooth trajectory against the backdrop of the sun, before ascending back into the white mist in the sky.

The bird's flight path was mesmerizingly precise, its motion fluid and unerring. In your mind's eye, the bird transformed. You could see it now—not as a bird, but as an arrow loosed from a bowstring. The way it soared, unwavering and true, mirrored the swift, straight flight of an arrow shot.

After that incident you practically sprinted back home, to re-read that book on Hachiman you had received when you were younger. You had skimmed over the contents that had given you the answers to questions you've had for years.

"The Shinto God of War, Hachiman, was a deity that provided protection and divinity over his followers and according to the book that Mom gave me, he would use birds as his divine messengers, most of the time it would be doves" You paused, so you could face the lizard who had jumped onto your vanity.

"—Drakkar, I am so sure that Hachiman is the one who saved me back when I was trapped in the abandoned building with that Samurai curse. One second, I'm shitting my pants thinking that I was about to be sliced ​​​​​​like some meat at a deli, then the next, I have these flashbacks that just appeared out of fucking nowhere, telling me the answer to beat the curse, It seems so unbelievable but—"

"It seems unbelievable that you think you are that special" Drakkar said as he used your nail file to sharpen his claws, but he yelled out a painful sound when you flicked his ear.