10: What now?

Luna pov:

I woke up dizzy for the second night in a row. The only difference was that this time I sorta knew what was going on. My chest tightened as I recalled my time in the phantom dimension. I looked toward the window and saw the familiar blue tint, okay your back, normal dimensions you already woke up earlier remember. “Are you feeling alright?” I heard my mother say, she had entered the room at some point while I wasn't paying attention. 

She put the back of her hand on my forehead, I let out a tired sigh leaning into the touch. Safe. The anxiety dissipated and eventually she pulled her hand away. “You and layla look pretty rough, do you want to stay home today?” she asked in concern. As much as I wanted to, last night after we woke up the group decided to talk in person about everything. “I think I can make it.” I muttered as I sat up slowly not wanting to leave just yet. 

“Don't push yourself, it's not good for you.” she responded stroking the top of my head and pressing a kiss to my temple. I wish she could have been there with us… “I'll call you if we change our minds okay?” I reassured, as I tore myself away. “Alright then, I'm off work today so tell me if you need anything, I'll be right there.” I know. I know more than anyone else. 

------------------------------------------

I slept through the bus ride and I'm pretty sure Layla did too because she looked just as groggy as I felt. We exited the bus and saw Taylor, Tyler, and Logan waiting for us inside the school. “So did you all see those things again-” Aiden was silenced with a hand to his mouth, the hand being Ben's. Tyler rolled his eyes and pointed towards an empty hall. “Let's talk there.”

So we gathered around the empty hall as few people passed by every so often. I would prefer a quieter spot but beggars can't be choosers. “S-so did we all experience that shift again?” Logan spoke up nervously. Everyone nodded or agreed in one way or another. So it wasn't just us I don't know if that makes me feel better or not. 

“Did anyone get hurt again?” Taylor asked, layla and Ben seemed to look around on instinct. No one said anything so it seemed like we were good this time around. The bell rang before we got the chance to ask anything else. “We can meet up at the graveyard to plan what we'll do. I'll send you the location.” Ashlyn said as she turned to go to class.

“G-graveyard??” Logan questioned, “school bus graveyard, not a person graveyard.” Layla clarified. The twins and Logan relaxed once that was cleared up. 

------------------------------------------

I distracted myself from the current events by actually paying attention in class and eventually the school day ended and I had to face the elephant in the room. “Hey dad,” I started once I saw him on the porch, “could we go hang out with a friend?” layla stood behind me since in her words, ‘it would go better if you asked because you never ask for anything.’ Anyways dad studied me squinting his eyes playfully, “You have friends?” 

I heard layla stifle giggle behind me while fought the urge to roll my eyes. “Yep, Do you?” I responded, he just gasped dramatically. It made the three of us giggle till we calmed down enough for him to finally answer my question. “I don't mind taking you two but are you sure you'll be alright? You two were pretty sick yesterday, still look pretty tired too.” 

I was about to answer when mom poked her head out the open window. “oh? Where are you two off to?” Layla answered this time, “A friend's house, we have a group project and we wanted to meet up and get some stuff done.” Her eyebrows furrowed for a second but then they relaxed as she sighed. “Sure but the two of you should just have fun with your new friends, you'll have class time to do work.”

“isn't that like, the opposite of what you're supposed to tell us?” I asked, “Well you two haven't been to public school in a while so you'll need to readjust and talk to people so I think it's a little more important for you two.” she answered. Huh, well that's nice of her. 

-----------------------------------------------

We stepped out of the car and waved bye to our parents as we stepped towards Ashlyn's house. We would all meet up here and make our way to the graveyard after everyone arrived. Layla walked up and knocked on the door, it took a moment before ashlyn opened the door. ‘they're real’ I heard faintly from behind her, my eyes spotted two adults, who were probably her parents. They seemed to notice that I noticed them and they walked up to us. 

“It's nice to meet you two I'm ashlyn’s dad Mike and this is Emma, her mom.” he introduced, “I'm Layla and this is my sister Luna good to meet you!” Layla said politely. I don't see how she can get so excited talking to people it's exhausting sometimes. “You're welcome to come in while you wait for the others.” he offered, oh no, small talk. 

“Oh it's alright I wouldn't want to impose it shouldn't take too long anyways.” I said, “nonsense come in!” he said happily though his wife and ashlyn looked less thrilled. “If you insist.” I said politely as I cried internally while Layla looked happy. 

-----------------------

Layla and Mike talked the most and the rest of us just listened in, offering a comment here and there. It wasn't too bad actually. Eventually one by one everyone arrived, and once we said bye to ashlyn's parents we set off towards the graveyard. We entered the area and saw tons of old rusty school buses everywhere. 

“So why did we meet here at the graveyard ashlyn?” layla asked as she fiddled with a piece of metal she picked up. “I was thinking we should try to get here in the phantom dimension. That is if we stay in the same place we left off last time we were there.” she explained. 

“So you want all of us to desperately run through town to get to this graveyard place whereas you'll only have to cross your backyard?” Tyler questioned, “Well, isn't that convenient.” Ashlyn sighed in annoyance, “That's not what I was planning.” She pulled up her map on her phone. “I was thinking we could all meet up at this convenience store.”

I pulled out my phone to find the location she pinned, “it's basically in the middle of where all of our houses are, so we'd all be at the same risk going there. Then as a group, we ran towards the graveyard.” So that's why she asked for our locations earlier. “I'll also be able to bring my dad's rifle for Logan when we meet up since he's the weakest. until then, he'll have to use whatever he can find.” She explained. 

“so, let's take a vote. Is everyone okay with this location and plan?”

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: short chapter but at least I uploaded lol