#.. TWENTY-THREE

the other tribe leaders arrived. and now everything was about the attack on the earth kingdom.

seungmin was present, too, being the one to know about the secrets of the kingdom. "there are secret tunnels that lead right to the palace" he explained, feeling not even a twinge of guilt.

the only thing he wanted is to see his father dead. though the tribe leaders didn't really trust him.

and there it was once again. "you're his son, how can we trust you?"

seungmin had enough. this question turned him insane, this time it reached its peak. slamming his fists on the table, he angrily stood up.

"i'm so fucking tired of being compared to that menace!" he shouted, jooyeon quickly covering his ears due to the sudden loud volume.

seungmin glared at the southern water tribe leader, who asked him that question. "there is a reason why i am not in that fucking palace anymore! i risked my life to flee with one of the last airbenders just for you guys to generalise me into being an asshole just because my father is one!"

though he wanted to continue his rant, jooyeon grabbed his arm and yanked him down to sit again.

overwhelming silence filled the room, the southern tribe leader looking like she just saw a ghost, pale and her lips parted, not having expected the earthbender to lash out.

it was totally legitimate in seungmin's opinion. "you definitely have your father's temperament.." the eastern water tribe leader jokingly remarked. and seungmin snapped.

he acted before thinking, bending a piece of sandstone out of the wall and thrashing it over his head. the only woman in the room screamed in horror, jooyeon immediately holding seungmin's wrists together.

seungmin stopped feeling the power in his hands, as the waterbender pressed his pulse vein - the main transport of the bending ability. once blocked, one wasn't able to bend anymore.

the stone fell on the table, hard and hefty. and just then seungmin realised the heaviness of his action.

his mouth dropped as he immediately ran over to him. "fuck, i'm so sorry, are you alright?" seungmin asked in shock, touching the man's shoulder - no reaction.

touching the back of his head, seungmin wasn't very surprised to see his hand entirely covered in blood.

did he really hit him that hard?

everything happened in a rush, seungmin's memory blurry of what happened next.

jooyeon pushed him away, seungmin having no time to catch himself as he fell to the floor, the southern water tribe leader shouting at him for being a horrible person.

but the most shocking part - he killed the eastern water tribe leader.

the stone has hit his head too hard, it was impossible for him to have even reacted.

seungmin was horrified, scared of what he was capable of. when did he become that strong?

"you're a monster!" the woman shouted, opening a small vial filled with water, bending it out and forming it into an ice dagger, in case seungmin decided to attack.

but the young prince didn't. standing up, he shook his head, his knees feeling too weak. "i didn't mean to.." he whispered, more to himself.

looking over to his friend, seungmin noticed how jooyeon's eyes once again filled with the same old hatred.

"what were you thinking?" he hissed, so calm, yet it scared seungmin even more. teary eyed, the earthbender shook his head. "it's like something took control over me- please, it wasn't intentional. he can't be dead-"

jooyeon disagreed audibly. "seungmin, you killed him!" the boy shouted. "it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not! a whole tribe lost their leader because of you!"

seungmin felt so incredibly scared, tears just streaming down his face. "please, this wasn't planned..."

the woman just shook her head. "you're too dangerous to keep you here" she exclaimed, looking over at jooyeon, awaiting his reaction.

at first he looked stern, as if he was thinking about it. then he sighed.

"i'm gonna have to send you back to the earth kingdom, seungmin."