#.. SEVEN

"what are you doing here?!" hyeongjun shouted, raising his arms into a battle stance. "hyeongjun, it's me- shit!"

the boy had sent a beam of fire towards them. jooyeon was glad to have jiseok by his side, as the boy redirected the fire with a gush of wind.

"who are you?!" he yelled, looking around to find something he can use to protect himself. as they were in the fire nation, there was no water nearby - jooyeon's waterbending skills were useless.

as they were fighting, they didn't notice an elderly woman coming inside. just as she put her hand on the firebender's shoulder, all of them relaxed.

she grinned at all of them. "aunt.." hyeongjun muttered, looking down on the floor. she looked angry. "you can't introduce our guests like that, my niece-" "i'm your nephew!"

the firebender seemed to be very upset by that, looking awax and sighing. yet the woman didn't care.

"excuse the behavior of my niece. ever since her parents, the fire king and queen, died, she started to be protective about our territory."

hyeongjun scoffed, just looking away. then it seeped onto the two visitors. jiseok immediately bowed down, punching jooyeon lightly in his stomach to make him bow too.

in front of them was no one else but the new queen of the fire nation. and hyeongjun must be in the royal family. but why was the queen calling him a girl?

"excuse us for our sudden visit, queen han" jiseok muttered, not knowing what to say. so jooyeok continued. "it's about the earth king. we want to stop him. and we'd need hyeongjun for that."

the queen's eyes narrowed. "hyeongjun? is that the name you picked, my girl-" "shut up." hyeongjun seemed hurt by that. he cared less about the fact that they searched for him.

jooyeon was beyond confused. they seemed to ignore the topic of the earth king. as if there was no war at all. "queen han, it's really important. if we don't act now, there might be more destruction!"

"then why don't you just send your troops? i know exactly who you are, lee jooyeon." the young waterbender stopped talking, looking down on the floor.

"i'm kwak jiseok, an airbender" he started explaining. "my home was destroyed, after they found some spies from us air nomads.

the exact same would happen to the water tribe. water is ineffective against earth. if we combine every element, there might be a chance-"

the queen shook her head. "i can't lose my niece after losing my brother, too." hyeongjun rolled his eyes. "i wanna go."

looking up, it wasn't very surprising to see hyeongjun upset, glaring at the queen. "i don't know them. but i know that the earth king killed my parents. i need to avenge them, that's what they'd really want!"

"they'd want you to be in safety, god damn it!" just a few seconds later, a slap reverberated through the room.

then a loud boom. just as jiseok realised what happened, he saw the queen a few metres away from them, on the floor.

hyeongjun stood there, in a stable stance as blue flames emerged from his palms. why was it blue?

the two watched in pure shock. did he just attack the queen?

she immediately called for her guards. "put him in the cooler! this brat needs to learn what happens when she attacks the queen!"

hyeongjun breathed through, trying not to flip out entirely as guards tied up his wrists, roughly pulling him out of the room.

jooyeon and jiseok remained in shock, watching how the firebender was dragged outside. the queen stood up, dusting her clothes off as she stepped closer.

"don't mind her. she always gets... offensive whenever i bring up her parents. as i was saying. i wont any civilian of the fire nation leave the city. and i stand by that. you may go now."