#.. SIX

the three arrived at their destination quite fast. yet still not fast enough. when they arrived, the whole place was destroyed.

children were crying, men carried dead people away. it was depressing. one person recognized seungmin. and that's how mass panic started.

people started running away, remaining soldiers came to the front to try and fight seungmin. "you better surrender, earth prince seungmin!" one of them shouted.

seungmin gasped as he saw all the jets of water flying towards them. standing on the sand of the shore, seungmin used it as his chance.

one of the most recent discovered subbending techniques: sandbending. and of course king oh needed his son to be perfect in it.

so far he was alright in it, just recently started with the practice. just enough to protect them with a sand vortex.

"we don't want to fight!" seungmin shouted, barely dodging the next attack, as a rope of ice hit his thigh, freezing his legs together. the exact same happened to his friends.

a man, seemingly the leader, stepped out, his chin high, blinded by hatred towards every earth kingdom commoner.

"why else are you here, prince seungmin?" he asked, emphasising the boy's title. seungmin swallowed, yet before he got to talk, gunil interrupted.

the elder boy cleared his throat, catching the attention of the soldiers and the leader. "we're here to find my brother!" he exclaimed loudly and people started to whisper amongst each other.

the leader raised a brow. "your brother? what's his name? and why should he be here?" gunil furrowed his brows.

"his name is kwak jiseok. i heard he fled here after our village was attacked." they didn't believe him, looking at each other first before looking back.

"we can't give you any information about kwak jiseok. he is at a risk right now, we can't tell you, a stranger, information about his whereabouts. especially not when you're with prince seungmin."

gunil rolled his eyes. "do you mind removing the ice? then i can demonstrate that i'm indeed his brother."

at first, they didn't do anything, their gazes stern on gunil. jungsu was about to say something, yet he was immediately silenced by the sound of ice cracking, and then gasps.

"he really is an airbender!"

gunil used an air slice to split the ice around his legs, flying up a little. as he floated in the air, he looked down on the leader, annoyed and angry.

the leader sighed. "well, you might be his brother then. but, why did you arrive with the earth prince?" the airbender explained their situation and what happened between them.

it helped the man to understand why he partnered up with seungmin, someone whose platoons destroyed his home, yet he still was sceptical.

after a small procrastination, they were told where they could find his brother. "he and our leader lee jooyeon went away to go to the fire nation" the man explained.

"the earth people are searching for jiseok now, i suggest you go now" their legs were unfrozen, the atmosphere disgustingly warm on the ice-cold skin.

but seungmin didn't want to go. "i feel bad that my people destroyed your homes.." the prince muttered. "let me help you rebuild the huts."

so he did. they spent the rest of the day at the western water tribe. seungmin used his sandbending to build the huts, pressing the sand into sand stone .

gunil helped the injured people, treating their wounds and counselling them meanwhile jungsu entertained the kids, who obviously didn't notice the heaviness of the happened thing.

at night they made their way to the fire nation.