#.. FOURTEEN

jiseok woke up by someone caressing his face, warm energy flowing through his veins. then he registered the many voices, all of them were familiar - he was back in the real world.

"we were so scared. gunil just suddenly fainted. but seems like you just killed gyuri" jungsu chuckled. he's probably talking to hyeongjun.

but jiseok couldn't recall hyeongjun killing her? "yeah... she almost had me. i used lightning to kill her."

he could generate lightning? maybe it was an emergency tactic he didn't like using? because he really did seem like gyuri would kill him and not vice versa.

"that's why i felt like i was just electrocuted" he heard gunil say, and hyeongjun hummed in agreement. "you always feel how your spirit dies. when hyeongji died, i got terribly sick for a short time, too"

that's why jiseok's heart pained so much? jiseok stopped feeling weak the more energy flowed into his body, he quickly figured that it was jooyeon, who was healing him.

jiseok soon felt strong enough to open his eyes, yet when he opened them, he got confused. he blinked once, twice and a third time again.

the five of them seemed to notice jiseok waking up again, their talking quieting down as all of them seemed to notice something.

"jiseok, what happened there..?" seungmin was the first one to talk, everyone knew what he was talking about. and jiseok knew it too - he couldn't see.

his usually brown eyes turned grey, almost white, like a fog, that didn't allow him to see. hyeongjun shook his head in panic, rushing towards jiseok.

"no, no no no no no, this shouldn't have happened, shit" he cupped jiseok's face, his warm hands relaxing jiseok a tad bit. putting his fingers in between his eyebrows again, he tried to locate his third eye, yet quickly noticed that it was closed.

it could happen that the third eye was open even in the real world, taking away the vision of one's normal eyes. this wasn't the case for jiseok.

then hyeongjun remembered. "it must've happened when you looked your spirit in the eyes." everyone exchanged surprised and shocked glances. this shouldn't have happened this way.

jiseok didn't have time to react, he still barely processed what happened, as hyeongjun dumped another information.

"you killed your spirit" he retold him. "this was against our rules. normally, it would disturb the balance, but after i killed gyuri, the balance was restored and the village returned to peace.

jiseok, i'm assuming that you didn't have a soulmate. otherwise it wouldn't have helped. or no. maybe gyuri killed them out of envy.. because it's impossible to not be linked to someone..."

it was too much for jiseok, he just hushed hyeongjun away. "please, that's too much at once." sitting up, he felt himself getting angry. why? he couldn't tell.

he wasn't angry at anyone, of course not, perhaps he was angry at himself? for being so weak to resist looking at her.

"will it ever go away?" he asked hyeongjun, looking into the direction he thought hyeongjun would be at. he turned to look at jooyeon instead, sending shivers down the younger's spine.

hyeongjun sighed, not answering. silence filled the room once again - the answer to jiseok's question.

he tried to stay calm, trying to remember how the hut looked like, trying to envision the other five boys sitting around somewhere. but to no avail.

jiseok started to forget what it was like to see normally, his memories changing from pictures into words. he tried to remember how the other's looked like.

yet he couldn't. he knew jooyeon had long hair. but what did long hair look like? he knew hyeongjun was tall. but what do tall people look like?

this was the point were jiseok started to panic, everything changing at once. gunil quickly rushed towards him, putting his hands on his shoulders.

"jiseok, jiseok hey, you'll be alright. we'll find a way to restore your vision. it's going to be okay..." he hugged his brother tightly and comfortingly.

it sent jiseok back to the time their father announced that they were under attack for the first time.

jiseok got so anxious, his twelve year old self didn't know what to do. yet gunil was there for him, even though he was scared himself.

the hug felt the same like it did four years ago, and jiseok broke down in tears, clutching onto his older brother like in the old times.

no one dared to talk, just silently watching the scene unfold in front of them. what was going to happen to jiseok?