Chapter 6

The next week she got an order to accompany Cassian and Nesta to the illyrians camps to check on the progress of the female warriors.

She noted the smirk on Amren's face that she is being used as her scary replacement. The Illyrians were violent but scared of witches . Nesta recalled her experience with it.

They stayed in the hut for a few days and for sure she was used as a scary monster, but she didn't mind.

Cassian was flying off to the mountains each day, he was clearly scouting, but they did not involve her in those discussions. Nesta and Emerie were spending their time talking to mothers with daughters trying to convince them about the training plan. She saw the looks around the training ground, the males were keeping away from her, but the disgust was clear on their faces.

After spending a day in the cold winter breeze, it felt like it had become a part of her. Her bones were frozen, and she despised this place. No matter how much heat she tried to gather at the cottage, it couldn't warm her up. She allowed herself a moment to imagine Azriel and Cassian in this camp, as children. Cassian had mentioned Rhysand's mother taking them in, but the mere thought of being out here without anyone made her stomach churn.

"How I hate these assholes "Nesta hissed next to her." For anything in particular or are you just making a statement ?"

"Their numbers are still down after the last war, instead of strengthening their female population, they just want to breed them, like that is going to help any time soon." The words like venom spitting from her mouth. " All that work is for nothing, they will never change. "

Raya noticed the pregnancies, a surprisingly large number of females, had little ones on their arms, and round tummies. Faes had trouble getting pregnant, her stomach churned at the thought, how were they able to achieve these numbers. " You are putting me in a murderous mood Nesta, Rhysand needs to do something. "

" Cassian is visiting the other camps each day, but I believe he will have to stay here for a while, or keep visiting"

"Azriel could help, I can move up here if it's needed" Nesta's face tilted towards hers "Azriel hates these camps, and they have no respect for outsiders"

Raya's eyebrows rose, but her face turned towards the females and her features hardened " Noone deserves to have their body used in any way, males can have their respect, I only need their fear"

That night she heard some noise outside of her room, and she could have sworn it was Azriel's voice.

When she walked down the kitchen, there was a note from Nesta, stating they would be back soon.

She couldn't see them all day and spent her day by the training ring. Nobody came too close to her, but more and more girls were showing up.

She walked to Emerie's shop to pick up some food and had some tea with the female. She gave her some of hers on training day, and laughed about the scared warriors outside.

The shop's door slammed shut. Emerie poured another cup for Nesta."Do you have anything stronger ?"

Emerie moved without saying a word, and she poured some golden liquid into her tea. "You are in a mood?" Soraya's eyes scanned the shop windows " Where is Cassian?"

"They will be back later" she gulped her tea, the female moved to refill it. "Who is with him?"

Nesta was shaking her head, in disbelief "The other camps are even more sickening than this, I didn't not think it was possible. "