Chapter 12

Majda visited Raya in the morning to ensure she took her medicine, teasing her about needing to focus on studying rather than causing mischief. The Witch observed with a sly grin and a nod.

She got ready and started to make her way downstairs when she overheard an intense argument.

Rhysand's voice rumbled "What do you see in her?"

"Everything that you don't " Azriel's voice was protective, no sign of his usually calm and flat voice.

"Are you protecting her instead of us?"

Azriel's expression contorted with emotion as he replied"She is us, Rhys. "

"Don't be a fool, your infatuation with her, or whatever happened on that cursed island, doesn't automatically make her one of us. I don't know what transpired in Ynys Mon, but you've become different since you came back. Your refusal to discuss it raises suspicions about her influence over you."

"Rhysand, understand this: the decision was never yours to make. I didn't go there as your spymaster, but as her friend. You chose to keep Velaris hidden, and she has the right to protect the harpies and keep them safe. I have given her the respect she deserves. She saved my life, Cassian's life, and she just saved the entire city. So, maybe the problem lies with you. Just because she didn't come to this city by your choice doesn't mean she doesn't belong here. She has remained loyal to every promise she made to Feyre on her first day."

Azriel was taken aback by the infuriating smile that adorned Rhysand's face. It was a smile that oozed with condescension and power, a smile that had never been directed at him before. This was the same smile that the High Lord had used countless times, but there was something different about it this time. Rhysand's words dripped with disdain as he sneered. "So, the wicked creature managed to ensnare you as well. Cassian did warn me, but I never thought you would fall for her," As tension filled the air, Feyre rose from her seat and gently placed a comforting hand on Rhysand's arm. Her voice carried concern as she spoke "Azriel, we're worried. We just need to talk to her."

The door swung open behind them, and Morrigan and Amren entered the room. The tension in the air was palpable. "Please, for the love of the Cauldron, tell me you didn't!" Morrigan's voice thundered, her gaze fixed on Rhysand. She stood beside Azriel, while Rhysand's response dripped with venom as he whispered, "He needed to hear it."

"I expected more from you. " Rhysand added, turning his attention back to Azriel. Morrigan's anger erupted like a volcano, her words cutting through the silence. "You are nothing but an arrogant fool, cousin! She is exceptional, and yet you refuse to see it. Why does it bother you that we accepted her?" A smug smirk danced across Rhysand's face, his arrogance on full display. "She ensnared you just as quickly as she did Azriel."

Azriel's voice, barely above a whisper, broke the silence. "She is my Anam Cara." All eyes turned to him, their expressions a mix of shock and curiosity. "What in the Cauldron's name is that?" someone finally asked. Amren squirmed uncomfortably, her face etched with fear. It was the one thing that managed to seize Rhysand's attention. "That's impossible. Fae haven't had that bond in a thousand years" she declared, her voice filled with dread.

Feyre and Rhysand questions were answered by a brief explanation."Is it like a mate?" she asked.

Amren shook her head "No, it is like the Ouroboros mirror, where many lose their sanity upon realising who their Anam is. They can discern each other's souls, and every decision they make aligns with what their Anam would choose as well. It is a bond stronger than a mate, a reflection of one's very essence."