Chapter 21

The courts assembled one after another, fully conscious that this was not an unexpected assault. Koschei had foreseen their gathering for days. Rhysand detected the formidable energy field enveloping the lake strengthening. Some courts didn't dispatch their complete armies, but if Raya's assessment was accurate, they wouldn't require them. The demons would meet their demise alongside their master if she managed to reach him.Keir opted out of joining the war, diminishing their numbers without their warriors. Rhysand was not surprised by his decision,especially following their last visit, but that didn't mean he wasn't annoyed by it.

The Spring court's forces still lacked strength, and Tamlin refused to set up camp nearby.

To everyone's astonishment, the Autumn court arrived without Baron, but Eris led a smaller legion. As he approached, another male accompanied him.

"Rhysand, I'd rather not be dragged into war every time you decide to play," he remarked,but Rhys cocked an eyebrow before replying "It can't be that serious if your father allowed you to come alone."

Eris began to speak, but a sense of danger filled the air, causing them all to look around. Rhysand felt goosebumps on his skin, making him alert. Cassian shifted, and Morrigan drew her blade.

As Rhysand caught sight of a grin on the male by Eris's side, all eyes turned to the newcomer. His gaze was fixed on something behind them, prompting Rhysand to whirl around and see Azriel making his way through the tents, with Raya trailing close behind. With each step they took, the energy radiating from Raya grew stronger.

Goosebumps prickled along his arms, a physical manifestation of the unease that settled deep within him. His senses heightened, every sound and movement magnified. He could almost taste the tension in the air, a bitter tang that made his stomach churn.

The stranger's smile turned into a wicked grin " I nearly forgot, how you make me tingle, almost better than sex " He rumbled and pulled Raya for a hug.

The mortification that Rhysand felt, not only what he felt, but at the stranger's words were written on everyone faces.

Eris's face turned pale, his eyes widening in surprise. Morrigan and Cassian, though prepared to fight, couldn't help but let their jaws drop. Azriel, on the other hand, simply crossed his arms and observed as the male embraced his mate, receiving a playful wink in return. "Don't attack me, Azriel. Can't blame me for getting a little excited," he said.

Raya stepped back, standing beside her mate. "Thank you for joining us, Ezekiel."

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," he replied, smirking. "This is Eris, by the way. I don't think you've had the pleasure of meeting him yet."

Raya raised an eyebrow, studying Eris intently. Her smile faded as she approached him, extending her hand. Eris's nostrils flared, but he reluctantly shook her hand.

Azriel stepped closer, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Eris, allow me to introduce you to the Amber Witch."

Eris's face grew even paler, attempting to pull his hand away, but Raya's grip remained firm. Ezekiel chuckled and gave him a friendly pat on the back. "I knew this trip would be worth it."

Raya tilted her head, still scrutinising Eris."I hope you'll prove to be better than Beron. I haven't gone hunting in a while, and I wouldn't want to return to Autumn."

Rhysand cleared his throat, causing her to release her grip on him. "And who might you be?" he inquired, his gaze still fixed on Ezekiel. Eris chimed in, "He's my backup. Not everyone has a monster in their pocket."