Chapter 17

It has been three months since she was gone. He was supposed to be patient, he was so determined to wait for years if had to, but he couldn't sit still.

" I need to see Bryaxis Cotho, I would appreciate it if you would allow me to enter. "

"You look tired Azriel " her fingers pushing over the paper for him.

" I haven't been sleeping well " he forced a smile..but she was writing again.

" We all miss her"

He only nodded, and Cotho waved her arm in admittance.

He was making his way down the corridor, doubt swept through his mind, what could this creature tell him really. The others were constantly trying to make sense of the story Koschei shared, that somehow his darkness was running through his own veins. Amren thought there could be something in there. They always knew he was different, shadowsinger abilities were rare, but the fact that he could winnow was always a mystery.

Each night he was visiting different courts, different parts of the continent, trying to scent her, trying to see if there was any sign of her. He just wanted to see her to know that she was okay, that she was safe, or at least that's what he told himself.

Her riddle was playing on his mind .

"For she was born under the full moon on a summer night. Heart of gold and darkness.
She shall be claimed with hope in her heart walking into the darkness free of her shackles.
Hear her command and serve, then you shall walk on your land once more"

Everyone expected her to be dead and Bryaxis to leave, but he remained, he was still in the library.

"Shadowsinger, twice in a matter of few months, I wonder how did we survive for hundreds of years"

"I can see Amren's been visiting"

" Humour, I'm getting used to it, I didn't get as far as laughing yet. "

"Why are you still here, Bryaxis? You are free"

" Free" he was tasting this word. "Are you suggesting that I leave My mistress?

Azriel arched a brow " The mistress? Don't you want to go home?"

"She is becoming, it was the matter of time, I am where the mistress is, I have made a promise"

"What exactly is she becoming?

" Why do you ask Shadowsinger? I can still smell her on you, she is a part of you."

"Do you know where she is, Bryaxis?"

" Questions, so many questions, I think it's time for you to leave" mist started to pull back into the darkness, but small whispers came from it " like calls to like"

"Tell me one thing before you go" he paused waiting for an answer but it did not come, yet he still asked " Who did you promise not to leave her?"

Quiet, he stood there before shrugging his shoulders and turning around . "The chaos god"

Azriel snapped his head back to stare at the darkness before heading upstairs.

"Like calls to like" he muttered to himself, as this should be something new. He heard it before, all the others were saying it, this conversation created more questions than answers.

He landed at a clearing, but he winced at the smell, he truly hated the Bog of Oorid.

Staying in the shadows, he reached the Weaver's house, his shadows tucked into his shoulder, he scanned the area. Something was watching him.